lifted the front yesterday

Lifted the front of the MJ yesterday. If my mind wasn’t made up on going SOA or not before, it sure is now. I will be going spring over when I get my axle back from regearing. I used a set of V8 ZJ coils and a set of ACOS, along with the factory isolator, set the ACOS to about 1.5” and ended up with about 4”. Now the front is about 1” higher than the rear (it has settled about 1” since the new springs), which looks really stupid, but I can live with it for a couple weeks. Once I SOA, all I have to do is unload the springs and crank the ACOS down to match.

I also used a new set of YJ brake lines, which took me FIVE different parts stores to find in stock. Added a set of Ranchos and called it good, for now.

Jeff

Lifted:

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

ACOS:

Image Not Found

New (to me) shocks:

Image Not Found

Concur Jeff, looks sweet. What you gotta do now is slap on a set of chrome mirrors and door handles :cheers:

Why didn't I see that coming........

:razz: Jeff

Okay, okay, forget the mirrors. I put the chrome mirrors on because I found a cheap set of NOS power mirrors that happened to be chrome. But the door handles would look good with your grille and windshield trim. Oh, and what are those drip pans you are parking over? You don't have any leaks, do you? ;)

actually...you might want to sit down for this.....I'm planning on blacking out the chrome grille and winshileld trim. It'd be more trouble than it's worth to try to pull it off and replace it with non-chromed pieces, plus I think I'd end up fubaring the winshield trim at least trying to get it off. Just gonna rough it up with a scotchbrite pad and shoot it with some rattlecan semi-gloss (same stuff I respray the grill with annually LOL).

Like the drip pans, eh? They are commercial foodservice sheet pans (remember, I was a professional chef for a number of years....I still have some "leftover" equipment so to speak). I just resealed the driveway not too long ago, and am trying to keep the wife placated. You can definately tell which side of the driveway I park my junk on ;)

actually...you might want to sit down for this.....I'm planning on blacking out the chrome grille and winshileld trim. It'd be more trouble than it's worth to try to pull it off and replace it with non-chromed pieces, plus I think I'd end up fubaring the winshield trim at least trying to get it off. Just gonna rough it up with a scotchbrite pad and shoot it with some rattlecan semi-gloss (same stuff I respray the grill with annually LOL).

Like the drip pans, eh? They are commercial foodservice sheet pans (remember, I was a professional chef for a number of years....I still have some "leftover" equipment so to speak). I just resealed the driveway not too long ago, and am trying to keep the wife placated. You can definately tell which side of the driveway I park my junk on ;)

Yes, keeping the Commander placated is always good. I'm going to do just the opposite. All my window trim is bright trim except the two door windows. Under that ugly flat black finish (actually I think it may be anodized because it lasts so long) is bright and shiny. I'm going to try to remove the black and make it look like the old XJ Wagoneer pic below. Chrome is beautiful................

1789957508.217836693.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jpg