September 2017 - kansashogan's 1988 Pioneer

As summer winds down to an end, the leaves start changing, a chill is in the air, and it is time for a new MJOTM. This month, we've noticed a member with a clean truck, and a little extra something under the hood...

Kansashogan's 1988 Pioneer

PwT4nGjm.jpg

YEAR/MODEL ●

1988 Pioneer short bed.

ENGINE/PERFORMANCE ●

350 SBC. Has a Howards .450 lift cam, Hurricane intake, Sanderson headers, Holley 650 cfm carb, roller rockers, and Summit vortec heads.

DRIVETRAIN ●

700R4 Trans with a shift kit. Dana 35 rear end with 3.55 gears.

COOLING ●

Novak radiator and 3 9 inch Spal fans with relays.

ELECTRICAL/IGNITION ●

HEI distributer with MSD wires. The electrical system ideas I got off a website called Mad Electrical. The guy shows how to upgrade old weak wiring in muscle cars but it works great in Jeeps too.

SUSPENSION/STEERING ●

2.5 inch Superlift lift. This was just done for clearance of the headers. I still plan on lowering this thing one day. I am following jeeptruck636 to see how he is doing his. The steering is all factory/rebuilt.

INTERIOR ●

U-pol Raptored floor so no carpet. I plan on having a carpet cover made for the trans tunnel. CJ7? seats for now. Sony stereo with Kenwood 5 channel amp. JBL door and Pioneer rear speakers with Pioneer 12 inch sub. I also tinted the windows with 35% tint.

BRAKES ●

I did the common 95/96 Cherokee booster/master cylinder upgrade. The rest is rebuilt stock.

LIGHTING ●

Stock with the upgraded harness with relay.

EXTERIOR ●

All stock metal with a paint job by me, other than a Poison Spyder hood vent from a Wrangler. U-pol Raptor across the bottom and in bed. I also Raptored the bumpers and flares.

WHEELS/TIRES ●

Stock wheels with Hankook Dynapro ATM 31x10.5 tires.

3Hp0Ctgm.jpg

image.png

kNTEV8Qm.jpg

qx3jQOZm.jpg

q9hsdtVm.jpg

FXId4bnm.jpg

z9JvUZam.jpg

Remember That One Time?... Tell Us Your Best MJ Story ●

My wife did not think I was very bright the day I dragged this home. Now she wants a bigger, badder engine in it. How lucky am I?

CC is Awesome!... Why Do You Think So? ●

There so many inspiring Comanches on here. We all have different ideas of what makes a cool truck and thats what makes this site worth being a part of. Thanks for the recognition.

image.png

This is one sweet truck. All the good upgrades knocked out, the simple stuff. Just a good old fashioned MJ that doesn't advertise what is under the hood. Congrats kansashogan... Enjoy the spotlight. :cheers:

-Rob

That's a nice looking understated MJ with a boatload of SBC power. I'm guessing you surprise a lot of folks when the light turns green. I have spent many happy hours working on those Holley double pumpers one of the best carbs ever made in my book. Hope she always runs cool for you, and keep your foot in it.  Congrats!

• kryptronic unfeatured and featured this topic