California Comanche

Hay what area in SoCal? I would like to find some MJ owners that are close to me. I'm in Palmdale area not far from Edwards Air force Base and north of LA. The truck is looking good and welcome to the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey nice to meet you! I am in Mid-City LA. I go up to Hungry Valley all the time- maybe we can get a trip on the books once it cools down a little bit?

Hey guys! I'm out of Lakewood/LB, I've been hitting up Gorman lately too! 839cb1b60ccee95a0daa59bfca87decb.jpg let's get a trip going!

I can commit to Gorman! Hungry Valley isn't too far, either.

How do y'alls schedules look for early September, maybe the first or second weekend? 

Hay what area in SoCal? I would like to find some MJ owners that are close to me. I'm in Palmdale area not far from Edwards Air force Base and north of LA. The truck is looking good and welcome to the club.

Hey nice to meet you! I am in Mid-City LA. I go up to Hungry Valley all the time- maybe we can get a trip on the books once it cools down a little bit?
Hey guys! I'm out of Lakewood/LB, I've been hitting up Gorman lately too! 839cb1b60ccee95a0daa59bfca87decb.jpg let's get a trip going!

I can commit to Gorman! Hungry Valley isn't too far, either.

How do y'alls schedules look for early September, maybe the first or second weekend?

I'm typically free on weekends. So whatever works for y'all!

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up light bar, XJ skid plate, and MJ D44 over Labor Day weekend. Will be cleaning up the D44 and adding rear disc brakes and maybe SOA before dropping in. The light bar isn't factory, but I really like the way it looks. The skid plate adds some much needed beef, too! 

0tDv8zA.jpg

GkpG01n.jpg

LdlxeAB.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New suspension and brakes are in. Ordered a RE budget boost plus drop shackles and MOOG springs for a GC V8. Rotors are EBC with Hawk LTS pads.

Unfortunately, I was not able to get the old bump stops out or the spacers in above the coil in my driveway, but I'll have the shop add those in with an AAL if I need any more boost when I take it to get regeared!

Before & after: 

GkRFMZU.jpg

g5gjafj.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, crumbscomanche said:

@krustyballer16 sent me a preview of the LWB sliders he fab'd for the Comanche. He has been great the whole way through, and has had near-instant responses for any questions and requests. Can't wait to get these on, thanks again Krusty! 

X2   Agree with you about working with krustyballer16.  Krusty built a rear bumper and tire carrier for me last year, he was great at responding to questions and requests.  One thing I suggest - get the sliders powder coated - not painted.  I used good quality primer and paint on the bumper/tire carrier, but last winter rains started some surface rust on the bumper.  So I had it sand blasted and powder coated 5 months ago.

Alright so we got the shackles and RE budget boost pucks in, and ended up getting a decent bit of lift. I think once I get some longer sway bar links the rake will even out a bit, but I'm happy with the results: 

z5RYewr.jpg

I also notice the old battery tray was cracked when I replaced the battery to the yellow top, and replaced it with the JCR set up. They have great customer service, cannot recommend them enough. 

rluJyuN.jpg

b9nri8e.jpg

sdMP961.jpg

Alright thanks to @krustyballer16 I'm now all set up with one of a kind rock sliders for the Manche! I also placed an order with JCR and scored 20% off front and rear MJ bumpers. Finally, had it towed to Rebel Off Road down in OC to drop in the D44, complete the rear disk kit, and regear with tru-tracs. Should take a couple of weeks but it will be a completely different machine next month!

Tl5xd4u.jpg

lq0NY6H.jpg

jVKCYIh.jpg

1 hour ago, krustyballer16 said:

Shoulda got a dirtbound rear bumper. I think theirs looks so much better!
But the sliders look good! I can now make LWB sets!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I was going back and forth for awhile but I really like the JCR front bumper and scored a deal on the set with lights too. I'm looking at the DBOR flares though. 

I was going back and forth for awhile but I really like the JCR front bumper and scored a deal on the set with lights too. I'm looking at the DBOR flares though. 
I almost bought a jcr last year to try and stuff a hidden winch behind but didnt. I'd like to try it with a dirtbound too.
Their flares look good. If shipping wouldn't kill yuh, id offer you some bedside armor with a flare.

Were the sliders easy to install?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

New axle is in via Rebel Off Road. The calipers and plates I picked up on craigslist ended up being kind of junk and it was only a couple hundred more for a big brake kit in the back form Teraflex - more to come on that later. They also regeared the Manche to 4.56 and fixed a couple of other issues for me. 

dnP0XRK.jpg

Finally got my Comanche back from Rebel! They did a great job on the gears/LSD, big brake kit and some other small things. The jeep now pulls through every gear until it hits the limiter. It might've been my excitement, but I seemed to notice the grip right away from the Eaton TruTracs going around corners. The new rubicon express shocks are in the back, too, and I got the RE quick disconnects for the front. 

cb1G4Gq.jpg

b3kI3Pi.jpg

jSlf4FY.jpg

On 10/16/2017 at 12:44 PM, crumbscomanche said:

New suspension and brakes are in. Ordered a RE budget boost plus drop shackles and MOOG springs for a GC V8. Rotors are EBC with Hawk LTS pads.

Unfortunately, I was not able to get the old bump stops out or the spacers in above the coil in my driveway, but I'll have the shop add those in with an AAL if I need any more boost when I take it to get regeared!

Before & after: 

GkRFMZU.jpg

This is what the bump stop is supposed to look like. The ones you have are way too long. 

33685.jpg