Speedo cable snapped

Hi!

My speedo cable snapped... My RWD MJ doesn't have cruise control, but I can only find cables for cars with cruise control & 4x4. Are they interchangeable??

Thanks!

Ok, update; the odometer jammed at 099.999 mls and the square of the cable rounded off... Greased the worm gears in the speedo, odometer & speedometer working again. Just don't know what to do with the cable... JB-Weld? :D

Hi!

So this time it did actually snap...

My supplier sent me a Crown 53005084 for a Wrangler - which fits. It's a bit longer than the stock cable was. I routed it a bit differently and all is good. Bung in the firewall fits, both ends fit - perfect. Thanks for your input!

Hi!

So this time it did actually snap...

My supplier sent me a Crown 53005084 for a Wrangler - which fits. It's a bit longer than the stock cable was. I routed it a bit differently and all is good. Bung in the firewall fits, both ends fit - perfect. Thanks for your input!

That's the one!! I've installed a few of them. 

funny speedo cable story.....

one day my MJ developed the weirdest random sound/clunk/thump coming from somewhere in the front end.  I checked every suspension part and couldn't find a problem.  This went on for a couple days, driving me crazy.  It was coming from somewhere directly underneath the driverside floorboard, right around the fuseblock area.  I kept looking, couldn't find a problem anywhere, until I accidentally bumped the speedo cable from underneath while shaking the bezeejus out of the control arms looking for the sound.  It seems the cheezy little clip that attaches the cable housing the the control arm bolt (I think, I can't remember exactly where it bolted to) snapped.  While in motion, the speedo cable doing it's spiral-ey thing inside the housing was causing the cable to "jump", and each time it did it smacked off the control arm causing the sound.  I never would have found it had I not bumped it.  One zip-tie later and the sound was gone.

Just thought I'd share that little tidbit, in case anyone else ever experiences it....

Jeff

funny speedo cable story.....

one day my MJ developed the weirdest random sound/clunk/thump coming from somewhere in the front end.  I checked every suspension part and couldn't find a problem.  This went on for a couple days, driving me crazy.  It was coming from somewhere directly underneath the driverside floorboard, right around the fuseblock area.  I kept looking, couldn't find a problem anywhere, until I accidentally bumped the speedo cable from underneath while shaking the bezeejus out of the control arms looking for the sound.  It seems the cheezy little clip that attaches the cable housing the the control arm bolt (I think, I can't remember exactly where it bolted to) snapped.  While in motion, the speedo cable doing it's spiral-ey thing inside the housing was causing the cable to "jump", and each time it did it smacked off the control arm causing the sound.  I never would have found it had I not bumped it.  One zip-tie later and the sound was gone.

Just thought I'd share that little tidbit, in case anyone else ever experiences it....

Jeff

Nice tidbit Jeff. Now I have a tidbit for you. Grudging congrats to your Pens. I got to see a couple of Preds games this year (it's been a long time since I had attended an NHL game) and really got back into it. Next year for sure..........

Yeah Don, thanks!

Even though it was the pens, I still think the whole thing is rigged. Regardless of who wins, best of 7 series seem to have to go at least 6 games, if not the whole 7. Well, except for Chicago this year, lol....