SOA questions

21 hours ago, Eagle said:

No, they are not one-time-only. If they aren't damaged or badly rusted, reuse them all you want.

Oh okay. I got worried. Mine werent damaged or rusted but I read ine time use only

1 hour ago, Swampy said:

Oh okay. I got worried. Mine werent damaged or rusted but I read ine time use only

I said one time only, because 99% of the time they're screwed up badly.  I guess if you had purchased new leaf packs recently?  I've never seen an OEM pin come out in any sort of condition that I wound consider reusing it, normally it's cut them off and in the trash, no wasting time over $3 in pins.

47 minutes ago, DirtyComanche said:

I said one time only, because 99% of the time they're screwed up badly.  I guess if you had purchased new leaf packs recently?  I've never seen an OEM pin come out in any sort of condition that I wound consider reusing it, normally it's cut them off and in the trash, no wasting time over $3 in pins.

I got mine out using a strap to keep the pack together, a vise grip and a socket. No need for cutting. I took them out and reinstalled them flipped so the nut is on top of the pack now for the soa

I moved mine.  I went with XJ style stud mounts because I had a set.  I do not believe in hanging anything below the axle tube.  I am using stock length shocks and get acceptable travel out of it, I didn't adjust the bumpstops as they played nicely with the length of the shocks and fender clearance.  I would suggest getting the axle in place and measuring before committing to what shocks you buy or mounting locations.

You can see them in this shot...  Sorta

DKViAqVh.jpg

Or here

0Kp7N4Nh.jpg

2 hours ago, DirtyComanche said:

I moved mine.  I went with XJ style stud mounts because I had a set.  I do not believe in hanging anything below the axle tube.  I am using stock length shocks and get acceptable travel out of it, I didn't adjust the bumpstops as they played nicely with the length of the shocks and fender clearance.  I would suggest getting the axle in place and measuring before committing to what shocks you buy or mounting locations.

I have new shocks from rusty's that came with my lift kit. My stock shocks feel blown. I don't want to hang the shock mounts down under the axle tube because I do plan on offroading the jeep but we'll see