puegot woes

my 89 sometimes grinds into/jumps back out of 4th (only gear it does it in) and it never (knock on wood) happens when shifting from 3rd into 4th only when I'm downshifting from 5th and or if i accidently put it in 4th (which i don't think it would matter what gear the tranny is in if the clutch is in?) if i go a round-a-bout way into 4th from 5th it won't grind i've noticed if i go in N then up almost in 3rd then into 4th itll be normal... something to worry about?

i have read that swap write-up more times than you could possibly imagine.

I'm leaning more towards the NV3550 just because it seems to be a better choice, and i found a complete swap package at high-impact.net for 1,995. which seems like good deal to me. the AX15 would do 'er though, and i might could locate one cheaper too. main problem is it being DD and not having tools/space to work on it.

you think itll last (at stock height) if i "kitty-foot" it?

I was driving on monstrously huge 30" BFGs (and balding ones at that). :D

I wouldn't let it bother you, just keep the fluid level up. And don't see it as a busted trans, think of it as an *opportunity* for an upgrade. :D The nv-3500 is certainly stronger than the AX-15, but the AX-15s are much more abundant.

Jeep on!

--Pete