2000 Xj driveline vibration

My friend put a Rough Country 3 inch lift ( coils and new leaf springs) on his 2000 XJ . I took it for a drive ( I drove it before the lift and it was fine )and it has a decent driveline vibration .

I have searched threads with the same issues and they either recommend a SYE (preferred) or a Tcase drop .

I guess what my question is ,can I use a ax15 crossmember (with the factory drop in it ) to remedy the vibration until he can afford a SYE? Or any other recommendations would be much appreciated . Thanks in advance .

The late model XJs have the transfer case with the sealed output shaft. This leaves a comparatively long unsupported length of output shaft. The factory realized early on that even the 1" lift of the Up Country suspension option created vibrations, and there was a tech bulletin calling for a transfer case drop to correct it. I don't think a transfer case drop is going to be enough to compensate for a 3" lift.

IMHO the most economical fix is a hack-n-tap SYE.

The late model XJs have the transfer case with the sealed output shaft. This leaves a comparatively long unsupported length of output shaft. The factory realized early on that even the 1" lift of the Up Country suspension option created vibrations, and there was a tech bulletin calling for a transfer case drop to correct it. I don't think a transfer case drop is going to be enough to compensate for a 3" lift.

IMHO the most economical fix is a hack-n-tap SYE.

Thanks Eagle for the tech info . Of course he doesn't have the money right now for the SYE but he does have plans on doing it once he does . I'm just trying to get him by until then and thought the ax 15 crossmember ( which I have ) would help even if I had to put spacers between the crossmember and frame rail to lower it more .

12* is about the mfg's max. I think with new u-joints (the old ones are definitely protesting) and a couple of wedges on the rear axle you could lower the pinion angle enough to get rid of the vibes. You might even get by w/o the t-case drop.