Help evaporator temp sensor

K guys got the dash out in a 100 pieces , I ordered new ac evaporator for truck (91 4.0) got ready to put in and there is no temp sensor? Looked on rockauto this is the only one offered? Do I need the sensor I'm assuming I do what to do? The old sensor will not come out it is not removable? Help pls and thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

The capillary tube is missing on your replacement evap core. It has something to do with factory and dealer installed A/C. I haven't done it but read a few write-ups on the subject where you find the correct evaporator with the tube or install the tube yourself. Here's one thread to help your search get started:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/jeep-cherokee-pre-1997-evaporator-coil-replacement-write-up-1232416/index4.html

The capillary tube is missing on your replacement evap core. It has something to do with factory and dealer installed A/C. I haven't done it but read a few write-ups on the subject where you find the correct evaporator with the tube or install the tube yourself. Here's one thread to help your search get started:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/jeep-cherokee-pre-1997-evaporator-coil-replacement-write-up-1232416/index4.html

Hb asking your opinion, I know you are subject to the same heat I am in louisiana, and considering I do not run the a/c until it hits 90 and above do you think the switch really matters? Or am I missing the point, the threads that I read people can only get there compressor to cycle in the obd1 jeeps when the temperature was 80 or below outside with the stock setup, maybe it's pointless for me?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

The temp sensor on these things are there to keep them from freezing up. In most cases these jeeps run ac can not freeze up. If your running it like I do in Texas above 80's it will not freeze up. Also with the humidity it would not freeze up unless you had hardcore failure in the evap valve while the compressor was suck on. I don't use the sensor on either of my MJ's. I install the temp sensors on home, and commercial units, however they are way more cooling power and controlled by a unit. In your truck you click the button for a/c on or off and adjust the temp to turn it on and off when you turn it off the clutch will shut off pump and pressure drops then no need for temp sensors anyway.

I never run my A/C until the temp gets to 85* or so either. On a rare longer trip I might run it for hours. It's an untouched factory system and it's only maintenance has been to top off the coolant. I've never heard the compressor cycle and it's never frozen up. So I'd say forget about the sensor.