JP Magazine

rockhardzj

Word has it that the August issue will have some pictures of two local members. If you see a white XJ and a red TJ going through the ice pit at Paragon, from the February Pack the Park Weekend, that is them!

Check now!

I can't wait to see these pictures!

Mine isn't here yet, and I'm about to leave to go get hired for a new, better/better paying job thats closer to home and has benefits!

Do I have to bribe you with a free surprise?

it does appear to be a white xj and red jeep going through some mud
That was an ice pit with 6" thick ice chunks!

It was effing COLD that weekend. Everyone either took Friday half or full off of work, and we all departed town at about noon. Paragon had a temperature of about 0-5 degrees! And everything was coated in Ice. We did a lot of black trails, and it was most certainly a challenge. Flopped one jeep, and busted windows on the both the featured Jeeps!

That was one of the greatest weekends I have ever had, hands down.

PAP is one of my all time favorite places to wheel. I like the fact that most of the trails can be scouted so you can pick your line before you get there. Love Shebert rocks... I think that is its name.... that snake pit and I planned on running valley of the dogs next time I went... guess there won't be a next time

On those two days, we ran a mostly blacks and the greens that connect them greens around the perimeter of the park and a few more trails to the eastern side. I think a little bit of everything. But some of those greens and blues were worse then a black on a dry summer day, with all the ice that was there.

The first tim eI went It rained both days :( and the weather sucked. I drove Pong (was street legal then) from the campsite to the park :nuts: Talk about wet/cold and good times nutkick.gif We ran mostly high blues and low blacks that time.. it was great... didnt break anything :D

Next trip... man it was a great trip... first obstacle I broke a chromo shaft, and tore a side wall :ack: The bad thing about breaking the shaft was it broke inside the carrier... had to tear apart the whole front end to fix it :wall: Then I day two I was having a blast till someone found a newer trail and picked that to run jamminz.gif Well that turned out to be a big mistake... I ended up breaking another axle shaft, frying my alt, busting my rad, all while trying to pull my self up a 400 yard long hill :wrench: Talk about fun :mad:

Thats why Paragon is (was :cry: ) so great!

Oh, and finally got the issue in the mail!

In the red Rubi, is my sister, and our club treasurer, Jeff. The white XJ in the background is another member, Eric. I'll have to pull up the images of their rigs going through there. also, really close to the fold of the magazine in the picture of the line waiting to pay, and get bracelets and stuff, you can see Jeff (the tall guy) my sister is to the right of him, Me, Eric, and a few other members are hidden behind the wall of people. His also made page 3, with the page number of the article.

I have never seen so many rigs at the same place. It by far tops any other jamboree or anything I've been to...

PAP was/is a great place.. maybe they will win the legal battle.

I think our club is going to do a Rausch creek run.. I hope to have my junk together for that one

Our club is heading there next weekend, and the weekend after. If you see some rigs with WNYOffroad.com written somewhere on them, thats our crowd. The president is going this coming weekend, he's got project Bob, a CJ-8, with the rear bobbed I think 14", comp cut corners, and boat sides, and some nice seats with cup holders from a Chrysler 300M. It just a rattle can paint job to coat the welds. We have some other pretty nice rigs too.

here's Bob, flexing on Bob Jr.

p7092766vz8.jpg

p7092764jy0.jpg

Unfortunately, I'm busy both (the second I'll be in FL, visiting my dad). Besides, I don't have anything to run at RC, and no money (no job...) to get there, and I don't like bugging people to get the ladies seat.

I'm afraid they probably won't win the suit.

The worst part is that the cargo airlines have already said they don't want to use an airport out there. Their infrastructure is already in place at Philly, and they don't want to move.