prep for bed liner

having issues prepping my bed for herc. i've done this before to my old yj, with some scatch pads, but its not working for the bed. i've been using a wire wheel on my bros grinder, but it is taking way to long, and i can't hold on to the grinder anymore. i'm nowhere near done and i'm getting frustrated.

and suggestions?

-Rich

ive always used 100 grit sand paper with good results. it recommends 220 grit but i fint the 100 lets it grab better.

and i second that, you do not want to spray that on bare metal, if you went through, itd touch it up before spraying

having issues prepping my bed for herc. i've done this before to my old yj, with some scatch pads, but its not working for the bed. i've been using a wire wheel on my bros grinder, but it is taking way to long, and i can't hold on to the grinder anymore. i'm nowhere near done and i'm getting frustrated.

and suggestions?

-Rich

All you need to do is scuff up the paint to give the liner a rough surface to stick to. if you take it down to bare metal your gonna have problems

The factory paint is a better rust preventative than herculiner. herculiner is good stuff but when you get rough with it, it does peel. I would rather have paint under my bald patches than bare metal. I put 2 coats on my MJ and I thought I got it good till it dried and seen that it was thin in a spot and I could still see paint in direct sunlight.

And when you get aircraft striper in seams and don’t get paint/herc in the tiniest of places the striper reached your welcoming rust