How I cleaned my MJ's door panels

Not sure how many this will help, but here goes my 2 cents worth.  I took the door panels off The Beast today to put some speakers in.  While I had the panels off I decided to clean them up a bit. Started off with just some soap, water and sponge----didn't work out too well.  I then tried  one of old time favorites, 409 and a sponge----still wasn't satisfied.  What really worked out super, we all have a can of GOOP hand cleaner laying around, right?  I used that with a knuckle brush, scrubbed the heck out of it.  Wiped the panels off with some paper towels, then sprayed them with 409, wiped them off with more paper towels. Then I sprayed on some vinyl protectant spray (like Amour All) and wiped it off with yet some more paper towels.  Let me tell ya, I thought I had dark grey panels when I started cleaning, but afterwards----they are light gray, and look and feel almost new.  Only took about 20 minutes to do both panels---and it was worth it :)

Can't wait to finish the rest of The Beast now :)

Happy Trails everyone :)

Alternatives that also work well, and in the case of soft vinyl actually help soften it up again.  Woolite laundry detergent.  Surprisingly it works really well for cleaning soft vinyl.

A good protectant for rubber and vinyl that is not petroleum based is 303 Aerospace protectant