Coolant temp sensor...

For a 4oh, renix era...

Anybody have a clue how it's wired? I couldn't find the diagram in the manual, until I found it under the ECM stuff. Looks like the computer reads everything from it? :nuts: Don't think I can use it without a computron.

I'm still trying to figure out the tach and oil pressure sender. Think I have them in the bag though...

Oh, does anybody know of any cheap aftermarket gauges?

I ment head, I think it's that one. What type of connector style was it? I seem to have lost it in the mess. I think it was just a single rubber boot that slipped over it?

No more EFI. Or wiring harness... I'm going to rebuild the wiring harness from the ground up with what I need (like, nothing...) and run propane. Gotta figure out my gauges, because I still need to know if I'm cooking the motor.

Hope it all works.

I believe the factory connector was an 'L' shaped rubber push-on. The last one I remember working on was so oil-soaked (old '84 4-cyl) that the rubber was too loose to maintain contact, so I cut it off and used a conventional crimp-on ring terminal on the wire. The sender is threaded, so I was able to run a nut down on it.

On the Renix stuff, the gauges run independent of the ECU so you should be able to feed them right off the senders. And you can run a 4.2L distributor out of an older YJ Wrangler or any AMC 6-cylinder 199/232/258 all the way back to about 1966.

I've got a chevy HEI setup to go on for the disty. I don't like ford parts.

And yeah, I've got all the gauges figured out AFAIK. The coolant one was throwing me off because of the other one... Apparently I live in the middle of nowhere, so I can't just order in some generic gauges and things like a nightswitch and dist drive gear. I love parts stores...

The good news - I found a guy that does propane conversions and repairs that not only knows his stuff, but is nice enough to sell me rebuild kits for impco products at a great deal!

How are you doing the FI setup?

Will you block off the injector holes, and have the fuel injected through the carb or whatever you call it?

Custom intake manifold?

Figure out how to re-use the injectors?

Pardon my ignorance, if it was already answered, but I don't see anything about it.