2WD 88 Eliminator (ROCK FROG)

Pics of todays progress

Needing to tuck away and loom some of this wiring. lastly with engine running and all the lights working. No check engine light but abs airbag lights no biggie. next fabbing up a new dash. figure out what I'm going to do with the rearend than brake lines and drive shafts. 75 degrees today and tomorrow but lake effect snow Saturday. Rock Frog might be sitting out in the cold and given up on until spring.      

• 1 month later...

Getting ready to start cleaning up the 8.8 Big brown truck dropped of my 8.8 truss and hack n tap. sold the bed so working on what type of bed to build. open to suggestion here. 4.7 stroker still breaking it in. still needing to make and run brake lines do the hack n tap on the 242 and install. measure for front and rear drive shafts. Nice to have a heated shop for a change. no more burning wood. just set the thermostat to 65 and enjoy several hours working on the Rock Frog.

Little more progress today took some 3/16 sheet steel and cutout a pair of front frame plates.

Also finished up the Hack n Tap on the 242. Next for the 242 is drill n tap to add lines to run to the cooler

More to come, I guess being unemployed might as well spend time on the Rock Frog.  

Front plating is complete now onto the HP 30 the left inner seal was leaking plus the gears were 355. When tearing the HP 30 down found that the coil perches are rusted through not with small pin holes but these holes  

So I emailed Jeff Bullock of ffeb647f-bd28-4974-af66-2f13614abf13.png and this is what the big brown truck will be bringing me  newbrackets-XJTJcombo1_1024x1024.jpeg?v=

also tried my hand at Electrolysis I was amazed as to how it works and the results also amazing. Took the brake calipers which was trashed with rust.

​In the tank

​after the over night Electrolysis Bath

​And this is what was left behind in the tank

As far as the dash goes I have the cluster from my ZJ and its working. I might build a flat metal dash around it. I think the clusters are size and shape all the same. so it just might fit the original dash. If I was to go factory I would be looking for an XJ Country for the wood grain look.  Rock Frog won't see much DD usage. Whatever is going to be basic and functional.   

• 3 weeks later...

Front plaiting is done. Front stubby Stinger bumper is welded up

​Still needing to weld in some webbing for added strength. Front axle still tore down. Need to obtain a job to pay bills and get an 8.8 and get a pair of axles under the frog.

• 5 months later...