So when I was welding on my homemade"truss" some how or another a bead ended up in the vent hole in my HP dana 30. The shop that put 4.10s in it noticed that and told me to put a pressure control valve mounted backwards on the diff cover so that the pressure can escape because it's a live axle. How would I go about doing this the best way? Or what should I do? Thanks

Why not redrill and tap the hole where it's supposed to be?

Is the shop talking about a one-way check valve? That won't work -- when the diff heats up it will force out air (and/or gear oil), but if air can't get back in through the vent it'll suck in through the axle seals. I'm thinking that's not a good thing.

I'm going to drill and tap a hole for this and put a rubber hose up into the engine bay.

[/url]">http://http://s1148.photobucket.com/user/Jackrabbit123/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsuculhh49.jpeg.html'>

I might go back and get a small one though because I'm not sure that washer will fit on the housing 

I'm going to drill and tap a hole for this and put a rubber hose up into the engine bay.

Now you're on the right track. But there should already be a hose in your engine compartment for venting the front differential. It should come up on the driver's side, somewhere in the vicinity of the brake booster. It'll be black, with a white nylon thingie in the upper end.

Now you're on the right track. But there should already be a hose in your engine compartment for venting the front differential. It should come up on the driver's side, somewhere in the vicinity of the brake booster. It'll be black, with a white nylon thingie in the upper end.

Thanks I'll look for that