Chicago Cubs strike out yet again............

HOrnbrod

The poor Chicago Cubs got eliminated from the National League Championship series tonight by losing four straight to the NY Mets. I thought this year might be the one for the Cubbies with their great new first coach Joe Madden who came over from Tampa Bay this year. But it was not to be, as usual. The Cubs last won the World Series in 1908, 107 years ago. This is the longest championship drought of any major North American professional sports team. They last played in the World Series in 1945.

I'm not a Cubs fan, but I was pulling for them this year. You have to feel for the many generations of Cub fans who have lived their lives never seeing them win a championship, or even played in the World Series.   :(

Maybe next year..............

" . . . You have to feel for the many generations of Cub fans who have lived their lives never seeing them win a championship . . . "

No you don't - - Cuck the Fubs - - I don't hate 'em - don't hate any team - Hey, it's Baseball - - Wait'll next year  - The NL Central should be another rat race.

:)

On the other hand, the Cubs may not have won a world series in over 100 years but their stadium is one of the last real traditional landmark stadiums.  What a great place Wrigley Field is.  Its a true American treasure....I'm gonna go there one day.

was there once, and don't plan on going back.  the place is a dump....