Relocating fuse box location

Hey, I was wondering if anyone ever changed the location of their fuse box? I have a 86 Comanche long bed and my fuse box is down by my pedals on the left hand side sitting a little higher up but I wanted to move it possibly inside of the engine bay. Just wondering whether it was a big hassle or smoothie sailing haha

Almost every wiring circuit in the vehicle goes through that fuse panel. To relocate it will involve a LOT of work. And then you'll have a large hole in the firewall that you'll have to find a way to close up and make watertight.

And, lastly, that fuse panel isn't designed for exposure to water. If you move it out into the engine bay, it's going to get soaked every time it rains. You would probably want to scrap the factory fuse panel in that case, and use something that fits in a weathertight enclosure under the hood.

Any good recommendations for a different fuse box? And I'm going to be welding up the hole where the box is at anyways because it's starting to rust down there so I have to cut out a good bit around it anyways. And I'm doing it anyways cuz I'm in the middle of a 3.4l swap so I figure might as well change it while everything is out before I finish dropping the engine in.

• 2 weeks later...