Bronco axles??

axle choice and engine choice are completely separate things.  one rarely affects the other. :thumbsup:  (unless you get a big v8 and puny axles, then one will affect the other :D )

early bronce axles suck unless you throw a lot of money at them.  if I remember right, they have small ujoints, the front is low pinion, and the rear has little shafts and bearings.  you'd be ahead of the game with late model XJ dana 30/8.25.

or are you referring to the kingpin dana 60?  that guy have a lot of stuff for sale.

axle choice and engine choice are completely separate things.  one rarely affects the other. :thumbsup:  (unless you get a big v8 and puny axles, then one will affect the other :D )

early bronce axles suck unless you throw a lot of money at them.  if I remember right, they have small ujoints, the front is low pinion, and the rear has little shafts and bearings.  you'd be ahead of the game with late model XJ dana 30/8.25.

or are you referring to the kingpin dana 60?  that guy have a lot of stuff for sale.

those ones are a little out of my price range I'm just trying to figure out my options and wait for the right stuff for the right price

what are the future plans for your truck?

small lift 3 inches. rustys front flat fenders http://www.rustysoffroad.com/jeep-exterior-parts-accessories/jeep-body-panels-fender-flares-tire-covers/xj-cherokee/rustys-steel-fender-flares-xj.html

and trim the back ones and run 33 10.5s 

and get front and rear bumpers. and fix body damage one side is pretty beat. mainly just the passenger door.

For the rear, a D44, C8.25, F8.8 would work for your needs.

For the front, Truss/sleeves, chromo's, full case locker for the 30

4.56 gears front and rear.

Thanks for the advice I think that's what I am going to go for I keep an eye of CL everyday. Shouldn't be hard to find one and my brother has a 2wd ranger on the way out and it might have a 8.8 :-)

likely it will not.  if I remember right, the 8.8 was pretty rare under a ranger, where as every Explorer 96-01 will have an 8.8 and disk brakes.  and 4.10 gears are pretty common.  try car-part.com  for a junkyard search.  don't forget that v6 and v8 models have identical axles, just the outside bracketry changed (which you're going to cut off anyways) so be sure to search for both.

likely it will not.  if I remember right, the 8.8 was pretty rare under a ranger, where as every Explorer 96-01 will have an 8.8 and disk brakes.  and 4.10 gears are pretty common.  try car-part.com  for a junkyard search.  don't forget that v6 and v8 models have identical axles, just the outside bracketry changed (which you're going to cut off anyways) so be sure to search for both.

thank you very much never knew about car-part.com there a good amount near me.