89 comanche short bed fuel sending unit

xjustinx

Glad you were able to fix yours. For future reference, there is a place in Seneca Fall, New York that rebuilds the fuel pump sending unit assembly.

Tri Starr LLC; www.tristarrradiator.com 

They can reuse the existing fuel pump but, really those aren't that expensive - may as well replace it with new while its out of the gas tank. The trick, as you know, is getting the sending unit and pick-up in the right configuration with the proper impedance so the fuel gauge reads correctly. Also, as I found out and other Comanche Club members probably also know, the sending unit is configured differently for the SWB Comanche, the LWB Comanche, and the XJ Cherokee.

For my truck ('92 LWB, 2-WD) the rebuild cost about as much as a new unit if such a thing was available. When UPS brought the rebuilt unit back to me I put it into the gas tank, hooked everything up, It worked perfectly and has been for the last 10 months.

Glad you were able to fix yours. For future reference, there is a place in Seneca Fall, New York that rebuilds the fuel pump sending unit assembly.

Tri Starr LLC; www.tristarrradiator.com

They can reuse the existing fuel pump but, really those aren't that expensive - may as well replace it with new while its out of the gas tank. The trick, as you know, is getting the sending unit and pick-up in the right configuration with the proper impedance so the fuel gauge reads correctly. Also, as I found out and other Comanche Club members probably also know, the sending unit is configured differently for the SWB Comanche, the LWB Comanche, and the XJ Cherokee.

For my truck ('92 LWB, 2-WD) the rebuild cost about as much as a new unit if such a thing was available. When UPS brought the rebuilt unit back to me I put it into the gas tank, hooked everything up, It worked perfectly and has been for the last 10 months.

Great info