Good Cherokee sites?

thats a good looking jeep with an awesome rear axle...i would just keep that one in and if you need just swap in an open carrier with the correct ratio....thats just my $.02

Thats probably going to be the plan, I just need to get it up on the hoist and find some identification numbers so I know what to go look for.

and are those some original bfg all terrains similiar to those that daisy duke's "dixie" was equipped with on your cj?

Not sure if they are the original, It sat in a barn, out of the sunlight for about 11 years. The tires are bias ply and I see no weather checking what-so-ever. My first impulse was to locate a hot knife :D , I think the size is 11L-15. My oldest boy wants them for his toyota :nuts:

Believe it or not, the CJ cranks right over with the turn of the key and idles perfectly, I can't wait to get the current scout project done so I can put the cherokee on the road for her and dive right into this CJ project. I have a lot of plans for it. Might even drop in a four inch leaf spring lift.

Are there any spacers between the wheel and the drum? Looks like there might be in one of the pics. Those wheels have a fairly deep offset, and that drum should be sitting farther in the wheel than it looks like it is.

The Lincoln Versaille 9" rears are around 58" WMS to WMS. 1" spacers on that rear (and aftermarket axleshafts to get to 5 on 4.5 pattern) and you would have a stout (big bearing!!) piece. Are the gears factory? My bet is someone put a spool in that rear. I say find yourself a second chunk, gear it the same as the front and swap it in. Nice find!!!

It also could be a completely custom Currie 9" The ends of the axleshafts should give you some clue if you pull the wheels/drums. These shafts typically have both 5 on 4.5 and 5 on 5.5 pattern pre-drilled. You just punch wheel studs into whichever pattern you plan on running.

Good luck, should be fun tracking down where that rear came from.

A.