Engine Problem, Worth Rebuilding 2.5L?

Hi guys havent been on here in a while but its summer now and work on the truck begins once more.

So ever since I have had the truck it has run rough.  It has gotten rougher and rougher over the years.  Its at the point where it won't start without some gas and then it won't remain at idle without gas.  After it has warmed up itll idle okay, but still pretty rough.'

So i took it to a basic auto shop to check it out.  They found that one of the cylinders compressions is at around 25lbs which is what they said was low comparable to what they said it should be like all the other 3 is 150lbs.  So its been practically running on 3 cylinders.  I presume it will eventually just get worse. 

Do you think it would be worth the rebuild of the engine?  My comanche is stock I use it for travel at school.  I have one year left of school and I am hoping to have this running for a couple more years while I get my first job and settle down without worrying about a new car payment just yet.  I have done routine maintenance on this thing, and have done a lot of work on it.  Put a whole new exhaust on it.  I put in a new radiator, water pump, and numerous other things.  It doesnt have A/c nor power steering so there will never be those kind of problems. Its pretty basic and I'm thinking the rebuild of the engine really would nothing else to break, hopefully. 

What would be the estimated price to go take this engine to be rebuilt?  and after the rebuild how much would you expect it to still run for?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Find a reputable engine builder in your area.

Local to me- $1,680 for a rebuilt 2.5, +tax and core.

If you are going to have yours rebuilt, it will be a two week process. You pull, break down, clean parts, take block and head to machine shop, research and shop for new parts, order.....wait on shop.......get parts.....begin rebuild.....etc......

So, you'll need time and a garage and tools.....hoist and engine stand....etc.. and KNOWLEDGE!

Bottom line cost? on the cheap side- $2300. There will always be the unforeseen- new mounts? new starter? new cables? new clutch?........etc...........

You'll get a good 100-150K miles out of it.

I being pretty uneducated on the topic and how to do any of it on my own would have just someone handle it all. It's an automatic as well

Would you believe it would be worth it to pay for it to be done? The truck right now has 160k on the odometer.