Lift kit choices?

I'm sure this has been discussed to death, but I'm gonna ask anyway. I'm wanting to lift my '89 2wd 4.5" & run 32" tires. I looked at Rock Krawler & R.E. mostly. I currently have a R.E. longarm kit under my TJ, so I know the kits & like them. I'm almost certain I'll go R.E.

I will have to buy an XJ kit, so I can pick up the 4.5" superflex AAL kit for a good price(under $800 list). That way, I can use the front components & then decide how to approach the rear, since it most likely won't sit level with the XJ kit.

Now for the questions.

1)will the non-adjustable arms shorten my wheelbase enough to cause clearance issues?(I had them before I went longarm & regretted it, but the TJ is a whole different animal.)Should I buy the adj. arms & resell the non-adj. ones?

2)Is anyone running this stuff? Just looking for positive/negative feedback.

Keep in mind this is just going to be an urban wheeler, as I have no plans to convert it to 4x, but I still want a complete kit.

Also, should I be looking in a whole different direction? I thought about piecing parts together, but I'm a truck driver & have very little time to work on this. I would much rather just order a kit & have it show up at my doorstep ;)

the new non-adjustable control arms that would come with a 4.5" RE kit would be the correct length for that height so they shouldnt change the axle position at all. no reason to sell/trade to adjustable ones unless you were planning on going larger or shorter than 4.5" since these arms are made for that height.

that said, my brother runs a RE superflex 4.5 XJ kit on his XJ and we added 2" coilspacers and didnt change the non-adj arms at all and it hasnt caused an issue yet.

whats the problem with the RE MJ kit? to high?

I should have mentioned that the 5.5" kit has stuff I don't need, like t-case spacers. I also don't want to mess with SOA. I know it's great. Several friends have SOA YJ'S. Problem is I don't have a good shop to work in or the means to do the springover. I just want to do a bolt-on kit.

honestly, for the stuff included in the RE kit, i tried to price it up as cheap as i possibly could and i couldnt even get NEAR the same price and thats without things like the t-case drop...

that kit is a really good value. maybe buy the Rocky-road kit (http://www.rocky-road.com) with the bolt on SOA stuff,

then you need to buy CAs so you could just go with adj the first time. that would be the cheapest way probably

The rear spring bushings are shot anyway so that might be a good way to go. I'll check out the Rocky Road kit. Thanks. I like the bolt on option. I can spin wrenches all day long, but can't weld to save my life :oops:

Yeah that's what I thought. About all I'd be interested in is the bolt-on SOA kit since they sell it seperately.

I'm starting to second guess myself. I'm thinking I'll be happy(even though I won't) with a basic 3" kit & 31's. Easier on the bank account plus I wouldn't need to regear.

Decisions decisions. I hate this.