Mounting license plate to custom bumper

Anybody have any pics of how they've mounted thier rear license plates to a custom bumper? And what about a plate light?

I appreciate it, soon to burn some metal and build a bumper from 2"x4" steel. Also plan on using the stock bumper brackets with reinforcing plates and gussets.

i've got a tube bumper on the back but i hung the plate under the bed. Used another old plate reversed(so you can't read it) and there are existing hole on the right side that match the plate. and hung the real plate of that and mounted a autozone licenseplate light above it and spliced in the wires..i works good and it puts the real license plate just below the bumper visually so the cops can see it ok..(most important is was told) i can e-mail photo if you want

bob

Maybe you could mount it somewhere other than the bumper

MJ_Bumper3.jpg

not sure how legal this is but I haven't had any problems in over a year. Only problem is if you load up the bed it's not visible, but I don't do that much so I just take it off and hang it under the bumper with wire if I'm carrying a load any distance.

If you are adding a receiver to your bumper you could make the plate removeable for the trail, get one of those plate lights like I've got and bolt it to the plate and wire it with quick disconnects, that'd be pretty slick.

I didn't want the plate anywhere near the bumper (for the same wheelin' concerns) so I screwed it to the side and fabbed a simple plate to go behind it and hold the stock bumper's lights. The lower light points slightly to the right so the whole plate is lit.

Jeep on!

--Pete