might be gettin my first car back

JeepcoMJ

so for 700 dollars the girl who bought my 1985 vw cabriolet (convertible rabbit) wants to sell it to me.

it needs a new grille and front left fender (hit a parking lot pole thing), and perhaps a new top ($250), a new right door or the rust hole repaired on that door, and about a 4"x4" sheet of metal replaced in front of both rear wheel wells. other than that it's all there, it's a 5 speed, 4 cylinder and runs and drives, it's prewired for a sub (didn't take that out 3 years ago...), and gets 30+ per gallon (usually 37 or so IIRC). it has 170,000 on the car but only 110k on the motor (compliments of me).

should I buy it back?

816190_5_full.jpg

looks like that except dark blue and has some real nice alloys on it instead of the crap rims. I still have my snow tires on spare rims as well for it...

I'm thinking i might...it needs the 4 headlight grille, and the newer valances and skirts all the way around IMO, the seats are torn too...

idk if i want a project, there's another one with a 5 speed and 5 lug suspension that i could get for 2 grand that's exactly what i want...

You know you want another project. :D But then, getting what you wanted in the first place is tempting. Which has the greater pull? Sentimental value, or the desire to get a sweeter ride?

You know you want another project. :D But then, getting what you wanted in the first place is tempting. Which has the greater pull? Sentimental value, or the desire to get a sweeter ride?

haha, the sweeter ride has more pull methinks...that car was only something i drove for 9 months before i sold it, and the roof leaks at the front seal...AND the wiring behind the dash isn't all that great, someone jacked the stereo and caused $1400 in damage by wrecking the dash and all the wiring behind it...i spliced it all back together but...

I think i may buy it and strip it down, then find a corrado vr6 motor or a g6 and put that in. how's a 130 mpg convertible sound? jamminz.gif

or i could offer to fix it for her and make a couple bucks...

buy it

you know you wanna

And what you put into it, you can get back out of it if need be. They are hot little commodities.

I passed it up...i'm fixing it for her instead, for $500. that's just replacement body work...she's paying for the paint and body smoothing.

i am friends with the vw guy in town, so i already got the parts for it for $50 on my lunch break today.