CR Laurence Dark Gray Rear Sliding Glass

Just a heads up for you guys, I found the Dark Gray version of the CRL rear sliding glass in stock at a great price with super cheap shipping ($6 to my door!).  I ordered mine on the 30th and it showed up today.  I've seen this elsewhere for usually about $50 more, and I couldn't find the dark gray anywhere, so I'm pretty stoked.

http://www.showerdoordirect.com/EDV700BT-Duo-Vent-Slider-1986-1992-Comanche/dp/B002CXUETU

I have an '88 with that rear window in it from CR Lawrence.  Super nice piece.  Trim around the outside mimics the OEM seal, but it is just a bit smaller by about 1/8-1/4 inch so yeah, if you have a truck that's been repainted and they masked off around the OEM window rubber trim, you'll have a "halo" where the new and old paint don't match.

I have an '88 with that rear window in it from CR Lawrence.  Super nice piece.  Trim around the outside mimics the OEM seal, but it is just a bit smaller by about 1/8-1/4 inch so yeah, if you have a truck that's been repainted and they masked off around the OEM window rubber trim, you'll have a "halo" where the new and old paint don't match.

Hey Yellaheep thanks for the feedback.  Did you install the window yourself, or did the previous owner put it in?  I ask because I wonder if it's possible to reuse my OEM gasket/seal with the new window to make it look and fit as original as possible.

I did not install it, but I can tell you there's NO way you can re-use your OEM gasket with the CRL window assembly.

IF...... you can get that OEM seal out without it tearing, definitely keep it as it's GOLD around here.  I've managed to salvage a couple, but usually the glue gets the better of 'em when ya try to pull or cut them out.  Lots of people think it's just a gasket that holds the glass in like an early XJ hatch....... NOPE.  It's designed to hold the glass, but be glued into the window channel of the cab.

• 2 weeks later...