I Just Don't Understand Some People

SuicidalPenguin

Read These

http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/news/story.html?id=4a96a20b-2264-409e-b715-d108a7f49122&k=79582

http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/news/story.html?id=%20%09018c0a59-eb91-4f26-8c94-e545388a0aae&k=79582

Everything I could possibly state are in these links. Read up.

Last year one of our areas got about 95% of the trails taken away, and now our other 2 are going. Many clubs here in Calgary are taking projects to do with building bridges, putting up fences and doing garbage runs but it doesn't seem to be enough.

:cry: i hate to see land used like that. thats why i love the 4x4 areas around here that have difficult entrances so you can't bring a trailer or your BMW offroad to eff up. usually if you can get down tehre, you're coming back... eventually

i hate littering, i've been a boyscout since tigercubs, tread lightly.

Well this is happening everywhere, and we as a 4 wheel drive community must police ourselves, or the Govt will.

Those kids in that interview probrably hurt the image of Offorad enthusist more then anything else. I hope park rangers and police patrol that area, and start impounding ATV and vehicles alike

Yeah we really have to be adults and I think they should impose heavier fines and even like community service in that area. It makes you so upset that people do this. I probably learned my lesson when I was a kid when there was these guys camping down the ridge from us. They were spotlighting, shooting does and just causing ruccus. I remember seeing a dead doe that they shot that they just left out there. I realized then that if we don't be responsible than these morons will just destroy everything in their path. Needless to say they got all the their trucks impounded, atv's guns etc. They got like 20,000 dollars worth of fines because they poached so badly in this area. It really affected the wildlife in that area. It really saddens me to this day. Tread lightly and remember leave an area cleaner than you left it. Don't ever poach as well.

But they may need to close the areas so that the habitat can recover and I believe in that. Maybe in a few years they will open it up. Too bad that the government has to make decisions for us.