fuel pump test?

place it in a 5 gal. bucket with gas in it (clean bucket), run a hose from the output around back into the bucket, grab a battery and some test wires, and hook up power and ground.

be careful...keep the test wires hooked to the pump and just touched on the battery...it may spark a bit so keeping it AWAY from the fuel is a good thing.

You can buy a cheap fuel presure guage at Autozone or whatever & hook it onto the fuel rail to test the pressure. I cannot recall the correct starting pressure, but it may be 35psi?; it should be easy to find in a search though.

Sorry, I hadn't read the part about you already pulling the pump!

Just hook it back up to the in-tank assembly & slide it back in the tank hole, then you can test the pressure at the rail. You don't want to mess with sparks around an open gas tank! :eek: :eek: :eek:

see the thing is when it was locked in place i attempted to start it but there was no fuel getting to the motor so it was a problem from there back and it was getting power i tested that. so i pulled the fuel filter ang gas came pouring out from the motors side so that side was marked off. it was inbetween the pump itself and the filter, so i pulled the line right at the tank and turned the key on and nothing came out so it was the pump. i pulled that and now am going to test it when i get time. if it doesnt pump i am going to return it to napa.