Jump to content

Column shift knob

Recommended Posts

So... my 91 has the column shift. The knob seems to be original but it's loose and I can see someone tried gluing it in the past.


Long story short is it does not fit on all the way. I suspect maybe a little bit has broken off the end of it. So I'm wondering do you know of any models or places that sell similar new knobs? Ideally I want new OEM but I don't think that's an option.


I was at the junkyard today and looked at some GM's, Dakotas, etc. but when I try to use my pliers on the knob to get it off, it basically just chews up the rubber, these things are cemented on. So I'm thinking new aftermarket is the way to go, and then I can glue or epoxy it on and never have to worry about it again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...