2.5 to 4.0 swap

I am thinking about the 2.5 to 4.0 swap 8) but the more I read the more things I see that I need to get do it :nuts: So what all do I need to get from the doner to do this?? Need to know if the cost is going to be worth it :brows:

Charles

I am thinking about the 2.5 to 4.0 swap 8) but the more I read the more things I see that I need to get do it :nuts: So what all do I need to get from the doner to do this?? Need to know if the cost is going to be worth it :brows:

Charles

engine, tranny, wiring harness (interior and engine bay), driveshafts, 4wd shift linkages, all reservoirs, computers, and last but not least, the radiator and header panel support.

basically, buy a 4.0 parts truck and swap everything.

even a cherokee parts truck will work. but you'll need all of it.

Thanks,

Is the header panel bolt in or weld in?

Charles

it's not the header panel, but the metal support behind it.

so far as i know, it's weld in. but it can't be held in by much...just a few spot welds.

You CAN fit the 4.0 radiator into your 2.5 header panel, but it requires some cutting and some drilling. look at my mj 3800 project thread, as that's what I did.

The Brace over the rad is bolt in. Takes 10mm to remove it. Buy a parts Jeep, that way you can strip it as you go. Be cheaper in the long run. Plus you can sell what you don't need on ebay and make some money back.