94 Cherokee

I am looking at a 94 cherokee on craigslist. The owner said he changed the clutch master cylinder and the slave cylinder because they had both went out, but he cannot get them to bleed. He is selling it fairly cheap and I think I can talk him down a bit more. I didn't know if someone could give me some insight on what it would take to get the clutch working again or if it is one of those things you pass on. The jeep is perty darn straight! Thanks in advance.

Bleeding a clutch is a fairly simple proceedure.....you can search it here....http://comancheclub.com/topic/21849-advice-for-clutch-bleeding/. 

or all over the internet.....there are write ups and even step by step how to video's......Just a guess but I would think he is using it ask a mask to cover up somthing more serious  :dunno:

That is what I am worried about. I found it to be fairly easy to bleed, but I am concerned that he is hiding something more serious. It would be a good jeep to fix up and then resell, but I would part it out if there was a bigger issue. Ill have to get some more info out of the guy...

If it has a clean body and a decent price and it runs ok and doesn't overheat and all the lights and accessories work there probably isn't that much wrong with it and he just doesn't want to mess with it anymore.

Don't let a nice vehicle slip away.

I just bought a mostly straight and rust free (rockers are starting to go) 99 XJ for $400. All I did was put a battery in and tighten the gas cap and the cel went away. All that's left to fix is passenger side window regulator and an airbag light.

Don't be afraid.