1987 MJ "FARM USE"

HELLO! This is my second MJ build. My first one I am doing a complete de-rust and restore on so it is going very slow. this one I am more concerned about the engine and driving around with the rest just falling into place as I go. I have had this truck for just about a year now. I got it about 5 hours away and what a back story that trip was... I still laugh at it every time I tell it. It did make it all the way.. regardless of what the cops think. But its kind of long so I won't go into the details since we all know everyone LOVES pictures! Anyways once I finally got home 5 hours turning into to days... I parked it and got into a non-starting problem that led to one thing after another. So now here she is, back up and running and now I don't know where to start. Probably with more engine upgrades + grounding upgrades.

1987 MJ base model? with a 1990 XJ engine swap - 4X4 long box with dana 35 

OD green with a what star and EARLY in white on the side of the box... the wheels are spray painted OD green as well. As I don't mind the color... I do HATE this paint job and it will be needing to be fixed ASAP. After I get the engine running right first.

As I was taking these pictures I realized the parking brake does not work... guess I found my next fix!

This door doesn't open as for right now. Its not one of my main concerns just yet...

Here is one of the problems I see in the future of this truck.... it has farm tags... I for see a battle with the DMV

And here is the other problem... She has been rolled... and the back window ill never been the same. but no worries... I have ideas

Just a shot of the inside of the roll

Torn seat.. Tan and maroon mixed interior 

while just looking around at the interior I found this... soaked carpet and bolted on rust repairs.

P.O.s wood box mini dash I thought was cute... If i stay with the military theme I will switch this out with part of the many ammo cans I have

Dummy lights. Cracked dash and I think that's a clock? oh and you can see the tan/maroon here... 

Here I took this picture to show the paint job and of course the dents. I already pulled a hood from my local JY to replace it.

and the last few picture of the engine. I'm no mechanic so I am just overly joyed that I got it back running!!! Of course Much Thanks to the few people on here you have gave me their time and advice!!! The manuals and guilds only go so far..

The plans for this truck as of right now are to keep it running!!! LOL make it street legal but not driving it on the street that much. I have my other MJ for that purpose. I am thinking of keeping it with the military theme and making it OD green with Dark Blue accents and upgrades to make it rocking worthy.

This will be a slow build because I am horrible at updating but I hope you all enjoyed the pictures!

--onlyinajeep726 --   Sorry for the late response, I have a terrible Summer cold that seems to not want to go away. I don't think I want to do a bench seat in this truck. I am a HUGE bench seat fan but I will be using this one mostly in the dirt so I am thinking to go with Buckets.