Front engine oil leak. Where?

ya sure it's not power steering fluid?

and the front crank seal requires removing the waterpump, all front engine accessories, timing cover, and timing chain. then of course you will need to remove the timing gear from the crankshaft, then put it back on properly and re-time the motor unless you're SURE it didn't move.

I also think the oil pan may need to come off so you can loosen the front main bearing cap to get at the front seal...not sure on that one though.

Smells like engine oil, so I sort of assumed it was that, I'll check the power steering stuff tomorrow. Man, that would suck if I had to drop the oil pan again, I really hope I don't have to do that....

Most likely if its engine oil its from the crankshaft balancer seal your right about wishing you had done it earlier before the pan. Also get the fel-pro kit that has the balancer sleeve if your balancer has grooves worn in it from the seal. I watched my dad do this the first time while the cover was still on the engine its a b*@$£ of a job doing it this way. Then I managed to gall the threads on the crankshaft bolt when I was putting the balancer back on. This upset my dad (he yelled and screamed for the rest of the day about ruining the crank in a perfectly good engine) then he came out the next day and pulled the radiator, moved the ac condensor out of the way along with the bumper, grille and header panel then he removed the welds holding the frame brace and dropped it out of the way so he had complete access to the front of the crank then he patiently removed the bolt without breaking it. Once removed he cleaned up the threads in the crank and realized that it had only galled a small portion of the crank threads then he bought a new crankshaft bolt, rewelded the frame cross member and reassembled the truck. Wallah oil seal fixed and engine did not have to be removed. Once you had the ax-15 out a couple of times you will do just about anything to avoid pulling it again.

Also you may be able to just use the balancer sleeve in the kit with your current seal and stop or slow the leak down enough to live with.