Aaron Hernandez

HOrnbrod

The New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez has been indicted for yet another murder, this time a double murder, along with the one he was already convicted of. And this guy was the highest paid tight end in the NFL when he got in trouble last year. He had the world by the tail. Jesus.

If Hannibal Lecter could run a 4.2 sec. 40, the Patriots would immediately sign him. W/o a background check. It's getting so that the more I see of the dredges of humans, the more I prefer animals. Or corpses...........

You know something I find odd about this type of behavior.  Don't get me wrong racism is for the ignorant.  But the clippers owner has been banned from the NBA for being an ignorant jerk (in the privacy of his own home I might add).   But illegal behavior by players or coaches that causes others permanent physical harm is brushed aside or buried.  Figure that out.

The Hernandez murders were not ignored, but they sure didn't get (and will not get in the future) the publicity that the ongoing Sterling comments will. It's dead people vs. hurt outraged people. It's no contest for me which one should be the major social media headline after analyzing the facts. But only the outraged can make noise and the sports media will milk it for all it's worth, generating more $$ for the networks. That's how it is now. Meanwhile the families of the Hernandez victims are waiting for their day in court with the cards stacked against them.

I think fame and race play into legal more than anyone is willing to admit. As in, if you're not famous, and you're white...you're going to jail. But if you're famous and/or of any diverse background...you can't help it, it's not your fault.