Addco Bars On Heavy Ton

Got a question....a couple, actually. I just received my order from ADDCO of their sway bars, F&R for my 90 Comanche. The diagram in the instructions shows arms on the rear bar facing toward the rear and attaching to the upper shock stud. So here's the first question; do the shocks on the standard rear suspension w/D35 axle mount behind the axle?  The shocks on my heavy ton w D44 axle are in the front of the axle. Question 2; has anyone with the heavy ton fit this ADDCO #468 rear sway bar on their truck? I'm going to get under there tomorrow and see if it can be installed backwards (arms pointing forward) and see if it will clear the front of the diff carrier, driveshaft, etc. If not, both bars are going to have to be returned for refund. Kind of maddening. You'd think after 24 years, ADDCO would have sold at least ONE rear sway bar to a heavy ton owner, and would know if there were a problem! The frustrating thing is that I run into this sort of problem all the time. I just put AirLift air bags on the rear in March. They were not a direct fit for the heavy ton, either. Required some modification, but I got them to work. 

It's a long bed....I got some info on a search, but nothing definite. Seems short beds have shocks behind axle and long beds in front of axle. Someone mentioned trying to install the sway bar in front of the diff, but not clear that he was successful.

I just fired off an email to ADDCO tech support, too. We'll see what they have to say.

The ADDCO rear bar was designed for the SWB MJs.  It won't work on LWB MJs without modification.  Shocks mount backside of axle on SWB models and frontside of axle on LWB models.  hornbrod (Don) pieced together a kit for the LWB MJs using junkyard parts.  There's a thread about it.

Edit:  Here it is, http://comancheclub.com/topic/42643-comanche-rear-sway-bar-long-box/

Yeah....not good, not good at all. Talked to Ernie at ADDCO tech support today. They know it doesn't fit the long bed. They've known it for years. Ernie says he's going to talk to someone about fixing the catalog. Now I have to convince never enough auto to not charge me return shipping and a 15% restocking fee. :fs1: