Ratchet Shifter

So today at the flea market I found a brand new B&M floor $#!&er. Everything in the box unopened and all hardware and shift cable. Picked it up for $45 and when I got home pulled it out of the box and realized what I came up on. It's a quicksilver ratchet shifter, which usually go from $200-$250 online. It's probably overkill for my Comanche but should be cool. Hopefully I'll get a chance to put it in this week and post some pictures. The only modification I can see is a bracket for the cable and the mounting tab on the shifter for the trans. Hopefuly it works out

Let's us know what you think of it. They seem to be a love it/hate it product.

i will keep you updated. For $45 it's worth a shot. worst case, i take it out and go back to a column shifter

so first was making the stock trans gear selector work. i knocked the nipple out and opened the hole up to accept the B&M linkage

had to grind the lever a little so i could fit the pin all the way through and clear the cotter pin.

next was modifying the stock cable bracket to work. it was actually fairly simple. i just used one of the brackets included and cut it and welded to the stock bracket.

cut the excess off and welded it together

and here's the shifter installed (sorry i got excited and forgot pics of mounting the shifter before fitting the cover. I'll pop is back off and take some pics when i get a chance). It shifts smooth, the gear selection indicator lines up perfect on the housing. If i got motivated enough it would be cool to have a P-R-N-O-3-2/1 gear selector tag made. so for now i have the turbo 350 tag in place