Looking For A Comanche In North Carolina

92YJ

Hey everyone, new member here looking for a comanche.  I actually owned one once before while in high school and it had a plow on it to make some money in the Mass. winters (where I'm originally from) but I ended up getting into a fight with my insurance company about it and couldn't get it on the road, then I had to sell it for some money for school.  Fast forward to now and I found this awesome site full of comanche lovers!  I'm looking for a pretty basic cheaper truck as I'm still in college, but I finally got some financial aid for next year and an internship this summer that pays well, so I have some extra money to play with.  I'm looking for something road worthy, but it can be something I can work on while I drive.  I'd love a 4x4 manual with the 4.0, but I'll look at just about anything.  If you've got one in the $3,000 or less range, let me know cause I'd love to look at it. Thanks!

I go to school at NC State, so I've got a place there, but the company I'm interning at this summer is out of Bessemer City, and they're paying for an apartment for me in that area, so I'll probably split time between there and most of my friends who live in the Raleigh area.

I'm from Asheville but go to college in Colorado Springs. I just bought my first car, a Comanche, not to long ago. I'm helping a friend from UNCC buy one right now but he has a bit higher price range. Here is one I had my eye on for a while in case you haven't already searched every craigslist in NC.  :laughin:

http://hickory.craigslist.org/cto/4433458989.html

Is the Wrangler in the picture yours? 

Yeah, haha, I've searched everywhere within a reasonable distance for a Comanche and haven't found a whole lot that I liked in my price range.  I texted the guy with that truck probably a week and a half ago and he never responded  :dunno: so I might have to be willing to travel a bit more to get one it looks like.  

Yeah the wrangler's mine.  I wanted a different picture up but it wouldn't upload.  That picture is from the day my mom test drove it (I was 15 when I got it and they certainly weren't gonna had over the keys to a kid who didn't even have a permit).  She's got quite a history in the past 6 years I've owned her.  The short version: I got her for $1 when a good friend's parents were moving out of state and they already had too many vehicles.  She's a '92 and had 36k miles on the clock when the title was signed over and was probably the cleanest YJ I'd ever seen.  I've been driving the Jeep since then and now I think we're up to 72k and still running like brand new!

I'm from Asheville but go to college in Colorado Springs. I just bought my first car, a Comanche, not to long ago. I'm helping a friend from UNCC buy one right now but he has a bit higher price range. Here is one I had my eye on for a while in case you haven't already searched every craigslist in NC.  :laughin:

That's a nice looking '87, but the grille is upside down... All these CL posts for MJ's seem to have upside down grilles... what gives? lol

That's a nice looking '87, but the grille is upside down... All these CL posts for MJ's seem to have upside down grilles... what gives? lol

Ha, look at that. Good eye! 

Yeah, haha, I've searched everywhere within a reasonable distance for a Comanche and haven't found a whole lot that I liked in my price range.  I texted the guy with that truck probably a week and a half ago and he never responded  :dunno: so I might have to be willing to travel a bit more to get one it looks like.  

Yeah the wrangler's mine.  I wanted a different picture up but it wouldn't upload.  That picture is from the day my mom test drove it (I was 15 when I got it and they certainly weren't gonna had over the keys to a kid who didn't even have a permit).  She's got quite a history in the past 6 years I've owned her.  The short version: I got her for $1 when a good friend's parents were moving out of state and they already had too many vehicles.  She's a '92 and had 36k miles on the clock when the title was signed over and was probably the cleanest YJ I'd ever seen.  I've been driving the Jeep since then and now I think we're up to 72k and still running like brand new!

I've had that problem with CL adds in NC. People post stuff and never check back on it. Try a massive CL search engine like searchtempest if you want to search multiple areas, that's how I found mine. 

• 1 month later...

Hey Jeeper! I might have what you looking for. I got an 89 jeep "ELIMNIATOR" RED with Gray interior. 4.0  5 speed 2wd . 93k miles. email me at marksmotorsports@embarqmail.com for more info if you are interested. put 89 jeep in subject line.