Talk Me Into A Road Trip

neohic

Looking for some ideas from my Midwest homies. The wife and I always go and do something fun for our anniversary at the beginning of June. It's been a few years since we've hit up the VW show in the MN Metro area so we'd like to hit that up on June 1st. Otherwise we're looking to fill a week or so worth of road trip awesomeness and we're not looking to venture too far from MN. Not picky... Open for opinions... Keep in mind though that we're folksy people who aren't really into anything too fast paced. Been looking at going to the Chicagoish area for a while now. Maybe this is a good time? What's out there? What's some cool stuff to do? Thoughts? 1-2-3-GO!!!

family_truckster.jpg

Hit the Archer Bros again. It's always interesting what the results are when you report on your return.

Second thought, maybe Mama wouldn't go for it again?  Si? 

Naw... She saw right through that when I made the suggestion of Duluth again. That's not to say that I don't have at least a few irons in the fire when it comes to those guys though. Currently it's just tying up loose ends on some old business.

Been a while since I really soaked up some VW roots so I'm really due. Plans are looking like heading to the other side of the state on Sunday, June 1st for the big MN VW show and then...  :dunno:

Have you explored the northshore of Lake Superior via hwy 61 all the way up to Grand Portage?

Get this book.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/10844744?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227005160000&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=t&wl3=42153606310&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=38001378310&veh=sem

It's worth it. Brittany and I will probably make it a yearly thing to spend a few days exploring up there. Very cool.

Have you explored the northshore of Lake Superior via hwy 61 all the way up to Grand Portage?

Last year we made it as far as Silver Bay.

Ok, you didn't see nothing then!! It seems all the sights and scenery gets better the farther up 61 you go. It doesn't seem like it.....it does get better.

Maybe a next year road trip. She's already put the smack down on heading north again as she "doesn't want to go up there just to bring back Jeep parts".  :shake: Really leaning towards WI/IL... mostly because I'm not sure she's fully aware of the potential of finding Jeep stuff.  :D

398408_188303717935166_1534296094_n.jpg