Performance Ignition Upgrade

by chance does any body know if i can put a performance ignition kit on my 87 2.5 ?  I emailed Performance Distributors about a kit called firepower ignition which includes a screamin demon ignition coil, 10mm wires and distributor cap. they told me that they could make wires for me but there is no such kit sold. my question is, are the ignition coil plug-in the same size as 93 and up because they have a kit that says 93 and up? also will the cap and rotor fit?   

It has been the general consensus in the past that the Jeeps ignition system is already a high output system and there is little to nothing to be gained by upgrading to hotter parts. As long as all stock parts in the sytem are good, there will be almost no gain by upgrading. At least not enough gain to consider paying what that new system will cost.

It has been the general consensus in the past that the Jeeps ignition system is already a high output system and there is little to nothing to be gained by upgrading to hotter parts. As long as all stock parts in the sytem are good, there will be almost no gain by upgrading. At least not enough gain to consider paying what that new system will cost.

^^^

Just buy yourself a good set of wires and any cap & rotor with copper/brass (not aluminum) contacts and you're good to go.

The stock coil is good enough for regular driving. Attempting to get more consistent horsepower out of it at higher RPM can be done by moving to multiple coils.(See the newer 4.0L engines with the coil rails.)