Long Arm MJ Lift "KIT"

I have searched and still have not found the answer that I want, lol I am new to this forum.. I just sold my highly modified YJ and have the comanche bug! I have a lifted XJ also , but am completly redoing the MJ as a DD/wheeler.

So here is the Question

I want a longarm lift in "KIT" form, $ isnt the issue I just want to place an order and get everything at once, so Who has ordered a complete kit and your reason why? and how do you like it? also is anyone running the RE MJ 5.5" kit? and how do you like it? Thanks

long arm kits are problematic on MJ's because some of the bracketry interferes with the extra bracing on the uni frame.

JP did a long armed MJ with the TNT kit I think. They described what needed to happen. Might want to do a search for that, or get the back issue.

the MJ 5.5 kit from RE is a nice kit, however since it uses drop brackets some complain (very highly debate-able issue) that the drop brackets catch on rocks and such and limit your ability, i think it's agreed that anything above 33's with the DBs make it not a problem anymore.

but of course you know longarms tend to end up as sliders anyways sooo

for the price, i can't find anywhere i can buy all the stuff that the RE kit comes with and doesnt add up to at least 300$ more than that.

So here is the Question

I want a longarm lift in "KIT" form, $ isnt the issue I just want to place an order and get everything at once, Thanks

According to the TNT web site they do have a MJ package you just need to call them and provide some info on drivetrain.

Also Rock krawler may offer a kit,any kit you buy will need you to do a rear axel spring over conversion so you just need to be sure there system for the front is MJ tested

Call around and ask a few companies, as some will have updated equipment that is not listed

So here is the Question

I want a longarm lift in "KIT" form, $ isnt the issue I just want to place an order and get everything at once, Thanks

According to the TNT web site they do have a MJ package you just need to call them and provide some info on drivetrain.

Also Rock krawler may offer a kit,any kit you buy will need you to do a rear axel spring over conversion so you just need to be sure there system for the front is MJ tested

Call around and ask a few companies, as some will have updated equipment that is not listed

I've called rock crawler, if you tell them you have an MJ they'll part the full XJ kit and sell just the front.

long arm kits are problematic on MJ's because some of the bracketry interferes with the extra bracing on the uni frame.

JP did a long armed MJ with the TNT kit I think. They described what needed to happen. Might want to do a search for that, or get the back issue.

Do you remember which issue? Cause I have a bunch, lol

Do you remember which issue? Cause I have a bunch, lol

it was last fall, a red MJ, they also did a paint article on it.

I don['t have a subscription, I picked it up because they had an MJ on the cover, and it's probably been pitched, so I can't tell ya.

I admit to be biased because I have met Clayton and wheeled with him, but I think Clayton's long arm kit is head and shoulders over the others. He didn't design it to sell, he designed it for his own use, and since he wheels hard he designed it bulletproof. Then other people in his club wanted them, and it took on a life of its own. He's an industrial engineer by profession, so it's not a booty-fab design.

Plus, unless he has grown a lot in the past year, he is still small enough that you can call him up and tell him you need a kit for a Comanche rather than a Cherokee, and he'll work with you.

Clayton's Off-Road, Waterbury, CT. If you decide to go that way and he needs a Comanche to see what's different from the Cherokee, lemme know and we can arrange for me to stop by his shop and let him eyeball one of mine. I haven't seen the new shop since they moved, anyway, so it would give me a reason to get over there.