86 2.5L Problem

I was driving down the road going around 25 and all of a sudden my motor kills its self and put a huge cloud behind me no oil leak I replaced the cps tps idler sensor still don't start yesterday I pulled the oil plug and about a gallon and ½ antifreeze came out then oil. Any chance my motor is salvageable I'm pulling it out shortly I just wanted to know your guys thoughts on it thanks for your opinions

Start looking for a good used 2.5 to drop in. Yours is done, will at the least need a rebuild, at most a full replacement due to broken internals. Keep an eye out on several Jeep forums and find a new engine. I bought a full running one for $100 a couple of years ago when a guy was pulling one out for a swap. They are out there. Good luck.

Start looking for a good used 2.5 to drop in. Yours is done, will at the least need a rebuild, at most a full replacement due to broken internals. Keep an eye out on several Jeep forums and find a new engine. I bought a full running one for $100 a couple of years ago when a guy was pulling one out for a swap. They are out there. Good luck.

I was driving down the road going around 25 and all of a sudden my motor kills its self and put a huge cloud behind me no oil leak I replaced the cps tps idler sensor still don't start yesterday I pulled the oil plug and about a gallon and ½ antifreeze came out then oil. Any chance my motor is salvageable I'm pulling it out shortly I just wanted to know your guys thoughts on it thanks for your opinions

If you give up on this, let me know, I'm looking for a Comanche with blown engine so I can get parts from it, including 4wd for my '86 2.5L.  I'm in Portland area.  You might have a hard time finding a 2.5L engine, almost all of them around here are 4.0L; I was surprised to see your 2.5L post from Corvallis.  I went to OSU, so I don't mind making a trip down there.

EDIT:  Right after I said you would have a hard time finding a 2.5L, I saw this on Craigslist, no price though:  http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/pts/4321803477.html  I'm going to see if he has 4x4 parts for me, he's parting out the truck.

I live in Corvallis and might have some parts you need. If you are interested contact me. I've seen your Comanche around and I have some also. Always enjoy talking to other interested jeep people.

give me a call or text at 5417409762

• 3 weeks later...