Factory Switch Pod Options

I've searched our forums and did not find this as a topic.  And only occasionally has it come up indirectly.   

What factory Switch Pod options were available for our trucks?    Years make a difference etc?

What I've found or seen: 

Left side of steering wheel:

Fog Only

Fog    /     Bed light   

Fog    / Rear Defrost (Cherokee)

Rear Defrost  only

Right Side of Steering Wheel: 

Trans Power Comfort  Only

Trans Power Comfort  /   Rear Wiper  (cherokee)

Roll Bar Light Switch   

Any other Options out there?  

I do believe it was 91 and up, but if you find the switch you can install it very easily.

I'm fairly confident that the Renix ECU does not have the contacts or circuitry for the extended Idle.   So it's not as simple as just installing the switch.   Based on all that I've read even some of the years that "should" be able to have an extended idle modification requires drilling the ecu to add the contact so the switch will function.    

If you have a source that show otherwise and that the RENIX system can have the Extended Idle installed Please let me know.   

But keeping to topic thank you for posting it as an available Pod  / switch combo.  

you could rig an extended idle switch onto the RENIX era jeeps.  granted you loose ac when in this extended idle state, but if you add a switch to the ac clutch circut so the ac does not kick on the ecu is set up to anticipate extra load and adjust the idle accordingly.  

I discovered this when i had the ac clutch wire disconnected and the ac set to defrost, the jeep would idle high till it was set to a function that did not use the ac compressor,

That's not extended idle; it's a workaround. You can also tap into the power steering pressure switch for the 2.5L vehicles (not the 4.0L's) as it raises the idle slightly when turning to take the load off the engine. There was never an MJ factory option for extended idle.

From NAXJA:

The extended idle switch is used to raise engine idle speed to approximately 1000 rpm when the auto shifter is in either Park or Neutral position. A rocker-type switch (extended idle switch) is mounted to instrument panel. This switch is available only with 4.0L engine when supplied with optional police package.

The extended idle switch will control a ground circuit going to the powertrain control module (PCM) When a ground signal (through the switch) has been received at the specified pin/cavity of the PCM, engine idle speed will increase.

For 1984-1992 I6 XJs and all I4 XJs:
Not an option in computer pin-out.

For 1993-1995 I6 XJs:
PCM Pin # 10, Purple, [60-pin connector] (Switch On: 1V, Off:12V)

For 1996 I6 XJs:
PCM Pin # 12, dark blue/orange, [black "A" 32-pin connector] (Switch On: 1V, Off:12V)

For 1997-2000 I6 XJs:
PCM Pin # 12, gray, [black "A" 32-pin connector] (Switch On: 1V, Off:12V)

That's not extended idle; it's a workaround.

workaround, jig, hack, it gets similar results in a different manner is all i was stating. :cheers:

:hijack:   Did y'all get any snow down there last night? We got about 6" with more coming tonight.   :eek:   Very un-Bama weather...

That's not extended idle; it's a workaround.

workaround, jig, hack, it gets similar results in a different manner is all i was stating. :cheers:

Did y'all get any snow down there last night? We got about 6" with more coming tonight.   :eek:   Very un-Bama weather...

no snow, just rain and 40F weather.  I agree this weather is very unusuall  :hmm:

I am getting the MJ back today thankfully.  If the Roads ice over the Charger gets parked till its nice and warm again, and the MJ becomes primary for any required driving.