Helper Spring Suggestions?

Ok,so my centerpin for my leaf spring on my passenger side decided it doesnt want to do its job anymore and the head sheared off. I figured since I'm gonna have to pull my leaf packs off Id install some helper springs or some stiffeners or something since my truck likes to sag on the driver side when ive got a full tank of gas, any suggestions on what i should use?

Is this what you mean?: 

Lig1qLn.jpg

I took it out awhile back, but I've heard bad things about helper springs, and to never use them, from the guys on this forum. 

If you meant adding a leaf, there are some good bastard pack threads around here detailing what trucks leafs can be mixed in with ours. 

Here's a link: http://comancheclub.com/topic/40150-bastard-pack/

Its lifted 5in so it would be kinda hard to use stock height leaf packs lol. Thanks though!

You have a few choices. 

-- Coil addons for the shocks are a patch and really don't add any lift. 

-- If you have a spring shop in your area they can cut you an add a leaf or what ever springs you want for a decent price.  <--- Ive gone this route on other rigs and was pleased.

-- Air bag helpers. Look on craigslist as I see them at times of cheap. 

-- Customize your own spring packs using springs from other trucks. 

-- Overload springs. I don't like this option because most of them bind up the leaf springs to much. Ive also witnessed bent springs because of them as well as broken or damaged leafs from clamping them on to tight. 

You can buy new pins that are stronger and have a longer head. I would speak with a custom spring shop and see what they have to say as well. They know springs because its all they do and the shop can tell you what leafs to replace and make them for you as well as sale you the new pins.