2008 Pilgrim Cirrus Camper

I recently bought a new to me camper.

While Pilgrim did an amazing job setting the camper up there is always room for improvements.

My first mod was moving the light switch in the bathroom. It was originally about 4 feet to the right. Directly above the sink. After reaching over to turn on a switch that was not there about 30 times I had enough and moved it to where it should have been in the first place. Beside the door. If you look through the toothbrush holder you can see the cover plate I made to cover the hole where the switch was.

The next thing to go was these two rocking chairs and the little platform they were sitting on. I also ripped out the right side cabinet.

I took the cabinet out to make room for a full size sofa sleeper.

I added the Marine Corps blanket to tie the green and brown into the campers decor.

That's great you say. But, you just lost valuable storage by tearing out the cabinet. Not so fast. What do we have lurking under the couch?

Ahhh storage!

While living in the camper I noticed the heat was always on when it got chilly out. Maybe because there was no carpet. A trip to Lowes and I found a 8x20 remnant in a very nice beige that ties nicely into the campers colors. The cold linoleum floors.

The new carpet laid down. Not a bad look for $80!

My assistant (my daughter Shelby) crashed out on the couch. She was awesome with helping me measure and cutting.

I knew going in that I was not going to have carpet in the bathroom. But you can't have a nasty transition from carpet to linoleum.

Shelby picked out a really nice brushed nickel transition plate. It matches the rest of the hardware in the camper perfectly.

I do a lot of cooking and the light under the cook top hood was not up to the task.

It was entirely to dim.Shelby and I made a trip to Napa and I found a trailer utility light for $8.00. It was installed and the results were worth every penny!

Counter space is at a premium in a camper. I got to looking around on the web and I found a counter extension for about $50. I know that I can do it cheaper and better. I picked up some hinges and these nifty little drop table leaf supports for $13 shipped.

I saved the old counter top from the cabinet I tore out earlier on. Using the parts I bought and saved, I was able to make this,

Push the drop leaf supports in and the extension drops down.

The blinds in the master did very little to keep the light out. I like to sleep in on my days off. That was next to impossible with the amount of light that came through the windows. I moved the dividing curtain in the master to close it off better. By relocating it I did not need both curtains any more. I cut up my extra curtain and used iron on stitch and Velcro to make drapes.

and a cover for the door going into the master. This $5 mod made for great sleeping weather!

The faucet on the sink did not have a sprayer. This can be a real PIA when you have to wash big pots and pans.

I get to searching for a new faucet and they are not cheap! I finally found one on Ebay for $37 shipped.

Awesome work!.

I'm currently living in a Camper full time. I just may learn a trick or 2 from this thread!

I live in mine full time too. I actually like it, a lot! I will be doing a few other mods as funds allow. Keep an eye on this thread!

• 3 weeks later...

My girl is here just as much as I am. She loves having a house plant or two around the "house". She bought a nice little plant to put above the medicine cabinet in the bathroom but there was not enough room. Using the parts from the cabinet I tore out I made a little corner shelf for her plant to sit on.