Steering Recommendation

Hi everyone, I ripped this out from my MJ yesterday and I want to replace it. I am on a budget, but want to get the most out of my money. I plan on running 34x10.50x15 LTB/TSL's So only needs to be strong enough for that. Track bar seems to be okay, probably going to replace when I buy my lift anyway....

Thanks for your advice!

linkage.JPG

Oh and I removed it because it was really sloppy right here, I believe it is the reason why I can't go faster than 45-50mph without losts of shakes, and when I hit the breaks it feels like the front end is going to wiggle apart: (see circles)

problem.JPG

Does it matter if its the V8 ZJ tie rod or a non-V8? maybe this is a dumb question - but I don't know anything really. I got a line on a ZJ tie rod that I am going to toss in there, and I don't want to waste my time if it aint gonna work.

The tie rod assembly from a 1993-1998 Grand Cherokee with 5.2L V8 or a 1993-1994 Grand Wagoneer is the solid tie rod. Part numbers (MOOG) are:

ES3096L outer tie rod end at tire

ES2079S adjusting sleeve

DS1312 connecting tie rod

Will the MJ set up work on the ZJ, Maybe my son and I can switch out the one in my wifes ZJ when she is not looking, she will not wheel it or even let us near it

Yes they will interchange, just have the toe checked after completed. I put the heavier ZJ tie rod on my MJ and did a redneck alignment with a tape measure. But I didn't trust it, brought it to an alignment shop, and it was spot-on. :mad: But he only charged me half price and greased everything too, so can't complain.

Yes they will interchange, just have the toe checked after completed. I put the heavier ZJ tie rod on my MJ and did a redneck alignment with a tape measure. But I didn't trust it, brought it to an alignment shop, and it was spot-on. :mad: But he only charged me half price and greased everything too, so can't complain.

those are redneck alignments... CRAP! i am a redneck. :D

Will the MJ set up work on the ZJ, Maybe my son and I can switch out the one in my wifes ZJ when she is not looking, she will not wheel it :cry: or even let us near it :D

Charles

Yes, they interchange both ways. But if the tie rod ends on the MJ linkage are worn out, you'd better replace them when you put the MJ stuff into the wife's ZJ or she will NOT be a happy camperette.