Once Again, Another Tranny Issue

alright, i went to advance and checked out the gear oil and motor oil just to price em and see if they have anything i can use other than the 10w30 motor oil, i have two choices that ARE NOT GL5, royal purple which is 20 bucks for 1qrt, or penzoil syncromesh that's 9 bucks for 1qrt, the royal purple said somethin bout gl4 and 5 but i didn't read the whole thing, the penzoil said ideal for GM and Crystler transaxles and transmissions and is compatable with yellow metals such as bronze, brass, and copper, so i'm leanin towards the penzoil but i don't know, what do yall think?

Redwolf

AFAIK it has had 75/90. 

I changed it for the first time in Sept '12.  I am the original owner and it has 281000.  However, the trans had been dropped several times to replace the slave cyl.  I don't know it the mechanics drained and filled the trans at that time. 

It is still not on the road yet.  So, I cannot comment on performance.

AFAIK it has had 75/90. 

I changed it for the first time in Sept '12.  I am the original owner and it has 281000.  However, the trans had been dropped several times to replace the slave cyl.  I don't know it the mechanics drained and filled the trans at that time. 

It is still not on the road yet.  So, I cannot comment on performance.

ok, i drained my AX5 today and dumped almost 3qrts of the penzoil syncromesh in it and i can already notice a difference, tomorrow in the mornin will be the real test but as it looks, the problem went away (know on wood)

Redwolf