Well, i'm gonna do it.... a 10 hour road trip in my MJ

Comanche Joe

I hope she makes it... I'll be leaving NJ tomorrow night heading down to Charlotte... 95 south to 66 west thru VA, then 81 south to 77 straight into Charlotte... Fellow MJ'ers state your location on the map incase I run into trouble!!! Wish me luck...

Comanche Joe

yeah i sometimes go down 95 and cut over at richmond.... I'm gonna try 81 this time...let's see what happens....

anything i should look into before i leave??? i'm gonna top off all fluids and change oil & fuel filter....

i've never drove her more than 90 mins at a time since i got her, and she hasnt been driven in a few months.....

Oh yea the thing that hangs under the back of the bed that collects mud and aids traction. I thought it was part of the sophisticated jeep traction control system but your saying people actually use them. I think if jeep had intended us to use a spare they would have designed that space to carry a 37" tire and would not have left so much room for patch kits and fix-a-flat. Yep I'm sure it is just part of the trac control system on my MJ.

well, i made it!!! 9hrs, 15mins.... not bad from jersey... espically with stopping for food, filling up 3 times, and driving thru a nasty snowstorm in VA!!!

BTW, took 95 to 85 to 77.... i'm more familar with that route

now, time for SLEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!