Met Another Comanche

rmoore1031

I was junkyard hunting yesterday and met someone else with a Comanche. I drove through a town looking for a junkyard and couldn't find it. Pulled into Dollar General to ask for advice. They told me I was an hour away from closest one. Go outside to leave and a black Comanche pulls up. I jump out and talk to him. He was an older guy that didn't know much about it but gave me a lead to a guy with Jeep stuff. I tried to give him advice on his floor pans since mine are pretty bad too (mine are actually getting replaced at a shop now). His Comanche is a 89 MJ "Sportruck" 2.5L manual trans. By the time we were done talking, I couldn't follow his lead on Jeep parts since I had to pick up a Lund Sunvisor from someone on Craigslist. Anyway this is the second Comanche I have seen on the road in person. The other one was a few weeks ago in CT, I was stuck in traffic and couldn't catch him. I'll try to post some pictures later.

I was junkyard hunting yesterday and met someone else with a Comanche. I drove through a town looking for a junkyard and couldn't find it. Pulled into Dollar General to ask for advice. They told me I was an hour away from closest one. Go outside to leave and a black Comanche pulls up. I jump out and talk to him. He was an older guy that didn't know much about it but gave me a lead to a guy with Jeep stuff. I tried to give him advice on his floor pans since mine are pretty bad too (mine are actually getting replaced at a shop now). His Comanche is a 89 MJ "Sportruck" 2.5L manual trans. By the time we were done talking, I couldn't follow his lead on Jeep parts since I had to pick up a Lund Sunvisor from someone on Craigslist. Anyway this is the second Comanche I have seen on the road in person. The other one was a few weeks ago in CT, I was stuck in traffic and couldn't catch him. I'll try to post some pictures later.

Surprisingly around me they've been popping up like wildfire.

In the last 6 months alone i've seen at least a dozen + on the road.

Including finding out there's one parked two blocks from my house, And a block down from him is a older (not sure what model) Jeep truck, Full lift / etc.

Gonna have to get some comanche cards soon lol

Believe it or not its actually at a junkyard getting new floor pans put in. Long story. I was looking all over NY for Comanche seats. Found dozens of Cherokee seats of all generations. Well one of the most knowledgeable guys at this junkyard is a Jeep guy. He builds them for fun and has worked on Cherokees and Comanches since they were new. So I figured it would good for him to do the floor. I don't have an estimate on cost though. They will be charging "below normal shop rates". It is a junkyard and this isn't the normal thing for them to do. So far I got $170 invested in the floor (rockauto including shipping, which was super quick). Another $50ish invested in Cherokee seats from a clean 96 Cherokee. With no bolt in option around I figured that new floors and clean seats that are easy to find would be a good idea.

On a side note, I just found a new to me pick n pull yesterday. It actually had a Comanche with a clean bench seat but I don't have room to store it :/ 

• 3 weeks later...

So I have been slowly finding more Comanches around me in NY.

I been trying to find an elusive white long bed Comanche on base. I actually found it recently.

So I helped my buddy move his Comanche back to NJ over the weekend. Even got the Jeep wave with it being towed behind a Chevy! Saw about a dozen Comanches down there.

I dropped my wife off at school today and saw a black Comanche parked in the lot. I left a note on it.

Keep in mind I went over 6 months without seeing any. I say 6 months because I bought my Cherokee last July. Took about 6 months before I found my Comanche.