Leaf Spring Slider Boxes

So I've been looking into these slider boxes and was curious if anyone has used them before. These are from LiquidIronIndustries.com, they only make them for the XJ but I don't think there would be much modification to make them work (I could also be sticking my foot in my mouth with that comment :crossfingers: ) but just looking for evryones thoughts on them. They look like a good in theory but like most of my posts, I like to hear others opinions to help point out the pros or cons I may be missing

have to ask why do you think you need them? Better flex?

Not a DD you’re not going to be happy with the result after install, going to act

funny under hard braking and if loaded OMG can you say body-roll

Just my opinion, but I removed my resolvers from my DD… B

Every time the spring flexes, even a little bit, the eye bolt slides along those two narrow surfaces and takes off a little more material. IMHO sliders are an absolutely horrible idea for a daily driver, and may not even be legal for use on the street. I'm sure you won't cut an eye bolt all the way through in three weeks, but how long do you expect it to last if you drive it every day?

The eye bolt never touches on these particular sliders ,  a UHMW block rides in the channel on both sides with a steel sleeve that the spring bolt goes thru , all of witch are replaceable . How often they need replaced , I don`t know .

I was thinking seriously about these last year when I was going to go offroad only and think the universal ones here , http://www.liquidironindustries.com/product.php?productid=17611 would be easier to mount on the MJ .

The eye bolt never touches on these particular sliders ,  a UHMW block rides in the channel on both sides with a steel sleeve that the spring bolt goes thru , all of witch are replaceable . How often they need replaced , I don`t know .

I was thinking seriously about these last year when I was going to go offroad only and think the universal ones here , http://www.liquidironindustries.com/product.php?productid=17611 would be easier to mount on the MJ .

haha :doh:  I guess i should've looked a little harder. I didn't see they had a universal set which would be a lot easier to install for sure. Plus they're about 100 bucks cheaper. I'm willing to give them a shot and if I don't like them I can always go back to shackles.

There was a huge discussion on Pirate about these and it came out with mixed reviews, but on Pirate most people swap to rear coils.  You will see some brake dive but no where near as much as a 3-link setup, which I see very little of and got used to within the first ride on my Comanche.  The UHMW block does not wear nearly as much as people thing.  Timmy (the owner of LII) ran his setup in his comp rig for a few years, that's with there being races almost every weekend.  I don't have any personal experience with them but was considering them at one point to replace my stock length shackle.

I'm sure Timmy can give you more insite into them than most on this site can as most of the above is just speculation.

There was a huge discussion on Pirate about these and it came out with mixed reviews, but on Pirate most people swap to rear coils.  You will see some brake dive but no where near as much as a 3-link setup, which I see very little of and got used to within the first ride on my Comanche.  The UHMW block does not wear nearly as much as people thing.  Timmy (the owner of LII) ran his setup in his comp rig for a few years, that's with there being races almost every weekend.  I don't have any personal experience with them but was considering them at one point to replace my stock length shackle.

I'm sure Timmy can give you more insite into them than most on this site can as most of the above is just speculation.

I've read threads on Pirate but it tends to get tiresome because most threads I read seem to turn into a pissing match about who's rig is better and $#!& talking. I did read a build threat where someone did the slider boxes front and rear on a CJ and looked really good. Like anything else, the best way to find out how well something works is try it yourself and like I said, if i don't like them I can always go back the shackles. I figured I'd ask and start a thread about something else other than '88 renix questions lol.

Pirate does have a lot of pissing matches but it does also have a wealth of knowledge. 

If you do go to the sliders, make sure they are planted real well on the frame.  You'll also want to angle them down towards the front to keep the pin tangent to the flex arc angle.

The only reason I see to go to sliders would be departure angle. Which if you are running a full size short or long bed is pointless in my opinion.

Shackles are simple, cheap, and they work. I think your money and time is better spent elsewhere.