Ambient Temperature Display

Lots of good beds and other MJ body parts there. When/if you need something, ask for Jason, tell him you know Comanche Don from Arab, and he'll jack the price up - :cheers: - only kidding. Their prices are very reasonable.

alright will do. maybe if their price is write i will just buy me a new long bed body and stick my eliminator guts in it. i can dream can't i? lol.

well i am in no big rush on the parts so whenever you get the chance just let me know what i owe ya if you find them.

Alex

i think it would take care of it alex. I'll take pics of it tomorrow for you. it's got the skin of the rocker panel attached to it as well...I plasmad that off along the same lines.

cool because that is smashed a bit on mine as well, most the way up actually.

Alex

trade? for part of what I wanted?

sounds good. figure how much u want for that and take it off the total.

Will do. I know how hard it is fightin' rust with these things being originally from VT. Cut and patch, then cut and patch again a couple of years later. Major PITA.

my 91 is actually like 3 trucks in one. the cab, the doors/hood, and the bed. the bed is in bad shape by what i want to see anyways, if it was a trail rig it would be great. but I'm going for car shows here since it already took 2nd place in one. and this thing has been all over the US now. it was in FL, then AZ, the IL, and now OH. and i hope to move to CO or somewhere with less salt some day. this thing even had beach sand on the spare tire when Rob (the PO) took it down, and it still has baked on desert sand on the underside of the hood.

Alex

AAAARGH. But you do have an 91 HO Eliminator 4WD model, and it's worth getting it right. Guess you mean the PO was Rob from AZ? Mine was a base model 2WD when I bought it from the original owner, a farmer in Southern VA a few years ago, garaged (barned) all it's life, with only 70K on the clock. Zero rust. Been picking at it since then, and I do show it occasionally, although that's not a real popular passtime down here. Well, I'll let you know how I make out on your parts, and will get back. BTW, there are several good LB MJ bodies at the yard I sent you, and NO, I am in no way affiliated with them. :D

AAAARGH. But you do have an 91 HO Eliminator 4WD model, and it's worth getting it right. Guess you mean the PO was Rob from AZ? Mine was a base model 2WD when I bought it from the original owner, a farmer in Southern VA a few years ago, garaged (barned) all it's life, with only 70K on the clock. Zero rust. Been picking at it since then, and I do show it occasionally, although that's not a real popular passtime down here. Well, I'll let you know how I make out on your parts, and will get back. BTW, there are several good LB MJ bodies at the yard I sent you, and NO, I am in no way affiliated with them. :D

here is the PO that i bought it off of, Rob in IL. he never gets on here anymore. he also gave me all his jeep parts with the truck and i have been trying to sell em all since then.

http://www.comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1654&highlight=eliminator+sale

Alex

• 2 weeks later...
Been wanting to accurately read the outside temp on my dash for some time. After taking some measurements and having some familiarity with older W201 and W124 Benz models, found something that will work and look like factory. There are two empty slots only in the 1991 MJ/XJ factory clock that were reserved for "tell-tale" indicators which never materialized in these Jeeps. See Gojeep's site for the 1991 clock details. So happens the 190E LCD temp module fits perfectly in there with minor trimming. So I have a module, under-bumper sensor, and associated wiring harnesses coming. If anyone is interested in this mod I'll document it. Bit more scientific than sticking your head out the window in the winter to see if the roads are icey slick.

Finally got the Benz W124 temp display mounted in the clock module. Did not come out as I wanted as the Benz LCD temp digits were too dim to be seen through the transparent green lens like the clock has. So I had to flush mount it. Fits in there pretty well though.

finished1.jpg

looks nice, just too bad it wasn't the other way around with the digits so it would work with the green lens.

on a side note, is your dash silver? i have never seen one till now and i was always wondering if this half moon that i have was factory silver or just spray painted.

and nice radio, i just wish my lights/display worked or i would use mine.

Alex

on a side note, is your dash silver? i have never seen one till now and i was always wondering if this half moon that i have was factory silver or just spray painted.

Yes, it's silver Alex. I have the Laredo trim package from a 2-door XJ in my rig and the silver dash bezel was part of it. Even the steering column was silver.