Tie Down Location

Short version: I need to know where the tie downs in the bed are located. Dimensions from outside edges/panels of bed are better.

Long version:

So I'm moving out of my apartment tomorrow, and I'm going to need to use my tie-downs in the bed. Trouble is, I've got a drop-in bed liner, and there are no cutouts to get at the tie-downs. I've pulled the liner once so I know they're there, but one of the PO's has it set up so bad (guessing it once had a canopy of some sort, and there are bolts and metal plates everywhere) that I won't have time to pull it out. I have to have this place spotless and all my stuff moved out by 3pm tomorrow, and am pretty far from being packed.

Can someone get me measurements as to where the tie-downs are? My plan is to use a hole saw, I just need to know where to dill. I'd like to keep the holes as clean as possible so I can seal them off somehow in the future. Dimensions from the exterior of the bed are probably best (i.e. from the top of the bed rail and the front/back outside edge of the bed) because the liner doesn't hug the bed sides.

Thanks!

My bed is near mint underneath it. It's a factory liner and seals pretty well. When I pulled it up a few months ago, there was a small amount of gravel road dust under it, because that $#!& gets everywhere, but that was it.

I should be able to go off that pic, thanks, but any chance you could get out a tape measure? I'd like to know an exact location, (top down and from the exterior edge of the bed) so I can measure twice and drill once, and hit the right spot four times. I'd rather not have to probe with the drill and hope for the best.

My bed is near mint underneath it. It's a factory liner and seals pretty well. When I pulled it up a few months ago, there was a small amount of gravel road dust under it, because that $#!& gets everywhere, but that was it.

I should be able to go off that pic, thanks, but any chance you could get out a tape measure? I'd like to know an exact location, (top down and from the exterior edge of the bed) so I can measure twice and drill once, and hit the right spot four times. I'd rather not have to probe with the drill and hope for the best.

Gotcha glad to hear it! I personally cannot get you messurements my Jeep is 4.5 hours away haha Sorry man I got that picture off google

Here you go:

http://users.erols.com/true2scale/mj-tie.jpg

A = 10 3/4"  B=3 5/8"

I don't have my front tiedowns cut out but the A dimension should still apply to the fronts.

Thanks! That's perfect!

Gotcha glad to hear it! I personally cannot get you messurements my Jeep is 4.5 hours away haha Sorry man I got that picture off google

Well, thanks anyway. When I pulled the liner a few months back, I did measure, but I did it in cellphone widths/lengths... and then lost the post-it...

Unlike the liner in Xacto's pic, mine actually wraps up and over the bed rails. Maybe that's why my bed is still good.

>Gotcha glad to hear it! I personally cannot get you messurements my Jeep is 4.5 hours away haha Sorry man I got that picture off google

Well, thanks anyway. When I pulled the liner a few months back, I did measure, but I did it in cellphone widths/lengths... and then lost the post-it...

Unlike the liner in Xacto's pic, mine actually wraps up and over the bed rails. Maybe that's why my bed is still good.

Oh gotcha! Well when you cut those holes you will no longer has that perk... :no:

Might help if you cut the hole to the size of an already available plug size. They make some large plus for the CJ floor pans, but i'll bet you can get some generic ones cheaper.

arnt the beds galvanized? that pic wasn't  Comanche was it?

I don't think they are..  :dunno:   And no it wasnt.

Might help if you cut the hole to the size of an already available plug size. They make some large plus for the CJ floor pans, but i'll bet you can get some generic ones cheaper.

Three inch hole saw. Figured that would be a decent sized opening with plugs of some kind available.

>Gotcha glad to hear it! I personally cannot get you messurements my Jeep is 4.5 hours away haha Sorry man I got that picture off google

Oh gotcha! Well when you cut those holes you will no longer has that perk... :no:

Yeah, I know that. It's why there are plans to put decent plugs into them. One step ahead of you!

Oh, and Xacto, those dimensions were so perfect... the first time I measured it out, then drilled, and hit the tip of the loop right smack in the middle with the center bit of the hole saw. Took me a bit to figure out how to plunge around it without jacking up my hole... The other side was drilled a little off. ;) And the front I used the height and just guessed the distance from the bed, and very narrowly missed the loop again.

Whether the bed is galvanized or not, once the zinc was corroded away, then the steel would rust anyway. Galvanization is pretty damn good, but even galvanized steel will rust in constant contact with trapped water.

Yeah, I know that. It's why there are plans to put decent plugs into them. One step ahead of you!

Oh, and Xacto, those dimensions were so perfect... the first time I measured it out, then drilled, and hit the tip of the loop right smack in the middle with the center bit of the hole saw. Took me a bit to figure out how to plunge around it without jacking up my hole... The other side was drilled a little off. ;) And the front I used the height and just guessed the distance from the bed, and very narrowly missed the loop again.

Whether the bed is galvanized or not, once the zinc was corroded away, then the steel would rust anyway. Galvanization is pretty damn good, but even galvanized steel will rust in constant contact with trapped water.

Yep,

and glad to hear youve got a plan! I don't have one of those so I didn't think about that till just now. haha