A/c Lines

ftpiercecracker1

I was able to salvage all but one of mine and they want 70 bucks for a new one and there a B*tch to remove at the JY. Figured if anybody's a/c didnt work and was not planning on fixing it i sure could use your a/c line(s). Its the big one that goes from the condser to the compressor. I can put up a picture if need be.

Thanks,

ftpiercecracker

That would be awesome man, shipping is not a problem and if you don't want any of your a/c lines i would be happy to take the rest of them off your hands :D, if they are in decent condition.

P.S.  I don't mind if its rusted, i found that a few min with a stiff wire wheel cleans them up nicely. It just can't have any holes. :dunce:

So, I hate to be a bad-news-bear, but that line you posted a picture of is a no-go.  Evidently, I cut it out when I got rid of the A/C in my XJ.  I know I correctly removed lines like that one on an XJ, but apparently it wasn't mine...  I do however have a '88 XJ for parts that has not be tampered with.  If I'm successful in removing it, the offer still stands.

After looking through some of my build thread photos, I remember now what I did...  Sorry bro.

Well, thankfully it doesnt really matter if its XJ or MJ, so long as its from the right year. :dunno:    On a side note, would it break your heart to part ways with that condensor?  :brows:   Looked like it was in perfect condition. 

Let me know if you ever get around to pulling the line from the XJ.  Soak it in Aerokroil for about a year, put a little heat to it, and use two SNAPON (very important) wrenches to wiggle the fittings back and forth until they loosen up.

If that doesnt work nutin will.

Good news, i took a trip to the JY and found a condesor, a/c line, and compressor in great shape and already pulled out. Who ever did it took care not to damage the parts.  Also FYI a everything i got came from a newer cherokee, didnt get the exact year, but it was definately newer 95+.  The only thing that is necessary for it to work on a Renix jeep is the mounting bracket and thats it ALL fittings thread on perfectly, much to my suprise and delight.

I need to make one more trip to pick up the proper bracket and order a reciever/dryer and i will be ready to have wonderful wonderful a/c again. :banana: